Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jan 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Virgin Dreamliner question - anyone used it?

Tried posting this in "General Chat" but have had no joy so thought I'd try in this forum instead.

Has anyone flown in economy on the Virgin Dreamliner? We are going to be going to Hong Kong next month and I have been trying to find out how many toilets there are for economy (my daughter stresses about these things). Having looked at seat maps it seems to be that here are only 3 which doesn't seem many for nearly 200 passengers.

Can anyone that has flown on one of these let me know how many toilets there are please?

Thanks
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

We are on the virgin Dreamliner in june to las vegas.
Looks like 2toilets for upper and premium and 3 for economy.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Just had a look at the seating plan on ‘The Flight’ and it shows 4 toilets in economy for 198 seats.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
We are on the virgin Dreamliner in june to las vegas.
Looks like 2toilets for upper and premium and 3 for economy.
There are 3 dedicated to upper (cabin was curtained off on last flight earlier this month ) And 6 for premium and economy to share (2 between the cabins and 4 at the back)

Ps SeatGuru shows accurate layout

Edited at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added post scriptum - seat guru
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
There are 3 dedicated to upper (cabin was curtained off on last flight earlier this month ) And 6 for premium and economy to share (2 between the cabins and 4 at the back)

Ps SeatGuru shows accurate layout
So the Virgin website layout that only has the galley at the back is wrong?

I saw these comments on Seatguru..

"Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2018/03/19 for Seat 67G
This seat was near the galley and there was a little noise, but actually had a level of privacy due to it being opposite a cupboard where the crew put their jackets. I think Virgin Atlantic have made a mistake putting all the economy toilets in the middle instead of some at the back. Countless passengers walked to the back expecting to find them. It gives more galley space but causes massive problems in the middle between the two economy cabins. It might be good for the crew not having passengers hovering around their galley but there is tons if space back there and isn't a very customer friendly layout"

and

"Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2017/07/17 for Seat 66a
there are no toilets at the back of the plane, and there is a lot of room between this seat and the galley, so there is no disruption during the flight."

which implies the seatguru layout is wrong.

Having now read a load more of the reviews it does appear that there are only 4 toilets for all of economy and PE. Seems a bit light on toilets for a long haul aircraft
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

seatguru/airlines/Vi...s_B787-900.php

Not sure where you are looking

I travel in J. Then upper toilets are heavily policed but never seen a line on the aircraft

As you have booked your flight I guess you have to cross your fingers now and hope all be ok
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m going to Vegas in July and the seat map has 2 toilets in upper and 3 toilets in the middle of economy, none at the back
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
I’m going to Vegas in July and the seat map has 2 toilets in upper and 3 toilets in the middle of economy, none at the back
That’s why I know it’s wrong . I have flown on it multiple times and there are definitely 3 in hoper class - 2 on the right and 1 on the left . I have used all of them . So it’s suggest the map you are referring to is for illustration purposes only or what was originally planned (perhaps )
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
seatguru/airlines/Vi...s_B787-900.php

Not sure where you are looking

I travel in J. Then upper toilets are heavily policed but never seen a line on the aircraft

As you have booked your flight I guess you have to cross your fingers now and hope all be ok
I am looking at the page that you linked to. If you read the "Featured User comments" for people actually sitting in economy you will note that there are no toilets at the rear of the plane and just 4 in the middle. It is a comment that has come from a number of people so I will have to assume it is correct and that the seat guru map is wrong.

Obviously, as you have stated, you fly in J so are probably less familiar with the actual layout in economy than the passengers that have flown in economy.

It would appear from the comments and a passemger video tha I have seen that the toilets in the middle section are actually a block of 4 not 3 as is shown on the Virgin website.

As we have booked using points we could still cancel but I think we'll just have to find some way of stopping my daughter stessing about it. At least they are both overnight flights so the toilets probably won't be too busy for most of the time - however few there are.
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I can’t be MORE helpful !