Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
R2Tee2
Getting to know the DIBB

Virgin Reward flights - tips, advice

Hi everyone,

We are planning our Florida trip for May 2021 and have been using our Virgin Atlantic credit card, shops away and various other ways to save air miles to help pay for the flights (2 adults, 2 children).

We have 35,000 miles so enough for one flight and have been offered a companion flight as we have spent a certain amount on our card.

I am just completely confused as to how to go about booking reward flights and just looking for any tips or advice on what to do and how best to use our miles.

Am I right in thinking that we can use our reward and companion flights, then pay for the other two flights and link the booking?

Also I hear a lot of people talking about using their miles for upgrades - is it a better use of miles to do that and how do you do this?

What do you get with a reward flight? I am guessing it is just the basic flight, where we can't book seats and have no luggage included?

Complete novice here so any advice would be great.
R2Tee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi R2Tee2,
Your post is very timely for me as we're also Virgin Airmiles novices so hope you don't mind me asking did Virgin send you a voucher for your companion seat, or did you get notification with your cc statement?
My hubby has the Reward+ card and I have an additional card on his account. Between us we've collected almost 90,000 miles. We have spent the required amount for a companion seat but have not so far been informed that we've been awarded one.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

The reward just shows up on your statement

Good luck with the hunt for rewards flights, we are going to California in the summer and managed reward flights for all 4 of us so pretty happy with that
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyBe
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi, you will need to ring VA to book the reward and companion flight. You can also get them to book the paid for flights at the same time. And, they should be able to link both booking together. Rew
LadyBe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyBe
Getting to know the DIBB

to cont. reward flight is normally in economy classic with bags and seat allocation. My son did this in 2019.
LadyBe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyBe
Getting to know the DIBB

Old 23 Jan 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

And you can check availability here for Virgin and BA
seatspy/#bookmark-virgin-search
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

It usually shows up on your statement on line in your Virgin Atlantic account, I believe they expire after 12 months so just keep an eye on the dates
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I have just done this arrived in Florida on Sunday i used 35k miles and £284.00 in taxes fees and charges got econ classic coming out but going back in PE as a single traveler i just booked it all online via the VA website, as you are adding on paid flights and the voucher you will need to ring the flying club to do your booking.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
And you can check availability here for Virgin and BA
seatspy/#bookmark-virgin-search
This is a good advisory, but it's not 100% accurate, showing 3 upper on 8/9/20, none available to book on VA site.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List