General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Jul 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
You know, I hear people say that a lot about places. On here it's usually about the Grand Californian or Victoria & Albert's. I take the view that at the end of the day they are offering a service which you are expected to pay for. I really don't see why staff etc would want to make their guests feel uncomfortable. Just because surroundings might be plush and more upmarket doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself. As I mentioned, we got chatting to the Sommelier, a young lad from Sardinia. He knew his wines and he was happy to chat about how the UK is starting to become a prominent producer of good wines like the one he recommend for our meal. We then got on to Sardinia itself and how he was looking forward to his break when he could go back there. He finds London weather either damp or depressive. I know where he is coming from! At the end of the evening we shook his hand and left an appropriate tip that I presume is shared by the staff team.
I accept some territories can be daunting and new but it's all about confidence and grasping the nettle. Once you've done that then nothing will phase you!

Hope your daughter and her boyfriend have a great time. I love "Wicked" - seen it five times!
Lol they would know i was in with my broad Yorkshire twang but I can do posh so maybe one day sounds like you were both treat like very valued customers which you are and it's nice for us to feel that way.
And thanks about my daughter she's so excited to see it , I may be back to pick your brains about other things for them to do whilst there apart from shopping.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
what a great weekend, thanks for sharing & Congratulations x
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fabulous weekend, thank you for sharing with us & a belated Happy Anniversary x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

What a brilliant few days! The cocktails at the Ritz looked amazing 💕 Congratulations on your anniversary 🎉

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nanaoffive
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

sounds like a fab weekend
nanaoffive is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We had a day at Greenwich took the launch up to the Globe and back and finished at the O2 to see Mrs Brown. It reminded me we live so close but rarely do this stuff and really should. Lovely day even though I had mixed feelings about Mrs Brown ... think the whole troupe are great but would have preferred some fresher material .

The Ritz looked like a wonderful treat in stunning surroundings.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Wow! The Thames Rocket trip looks amazing! You two must know London so well, how nice to find a new way to experience it.

I didn't know the Thames Barrier was the second largest in the world. I always learn new things reading your reports.

...And The Ritz. What an exquisite way to round off your weekend. That Marie Antionette does look and sound delicious and the whole meal, service and surroundings totally befitting of your celebration.

Thanks for sharing it all with us.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List