Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Advice and ways to save a few $ ?

Hi guys

After our first west coast trip last year me and OH have decided to take the kids this year .. so it’s me, OH, DS (16), DS (16), DS (13)
we are going 2nd auguest -19th auguest below is the itinerary ..

MAN-LAX - Pick up car
2nd-10th Studio Plus apt in Hollywood (just of Boulevard)
Plans :
Universal
WOF
Griffith observatory
Sight seeing tour
LA Live and Grammy museum
Street wear shopping with DS (supreme bape etc)
Day at riot games (league of legends HQ with other DS)
Santa Monica beach

10th-12th - nothing booked
Knottsberry farm (possibly)
Long beach or Huntingdon beach

Drive to LV

12th-18th - Holiday Inn Club Vactation Dessert resort
Strip hotels
Possibly quad bike in dessert (depends on heat)
Fremont street
Pawn stars
Outlets
Possibly Death Valley?

LAS-MAN

So guys .. what do you think ?
Has anyone stayed in these ?
Any recommendations for the spare nights ?
I know auguest is going to be bonkers heat in LV and not sure if we will fit the quading or DV in .. what do you think?

Also anything that you think we have missed ?
We tend to do boy things and with two nearly 17 year olds and one 13 year one boy I tend to get voted out on anything girly lol ..

Also any dining recommendations .. with 5 it can get pretty expensive so would appreciate some reasonable places

I’m hoping to make it a change for the guys as we always do Florida and theme parks every year but there only OH who’s really into “nature” lol

So please help guys please help as I think after next years big family trip to Disney I think my two won’t want any more trips away with me 😢

Thanks
Lisa x
Old 6 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Never heard of the spot in LA. Where are you looking for money saving tips, in terms of food, attractions? Have you all the flights and accommodation already paid for?

And don’t be afraid to use Uber to do something girly one day. You could easily pop to the shops, a spa for a few hours and let the lads off to do something they enjoy. That’s what I do when hubby wants to do something I have no interest in.

The 10-12 I think of drive out towards Vegas. Do Palm Springs aerial tram and Joshua tree. Accommodation is cheap in PS in summer. Then on to Vegas stopping in Calico ghost town. That should give hubby his outdoor fix and have enough to interest the rest of you.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

In LV stratosphere first night, forget pawn stars tiny store long queues no stars.

Get playing pop slots now and every day and your hubby free buffets and shows etc. Last trip we had free buffet at aria, free tickets for secret garden and shark reef, breakfast buffet 241 at Luxor and 2 nights free stay at park mgm.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks guys .. we have the flights booked the car hire booked and the two accommodations listed booked (they are 2 bed apartments so hopefully we should manage some food in the room &#128521

I’m hoping to save in food mostly but mebbies tickets aswell as we don’t have any tickets yet.

Think I’ll have a look at Palm Springs I’ve not really researched this much

Thanks
Lisa
Old 7 May 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
In LV stratosphere first night, forget pawn stars tiny store long queues no stars.
Haven't seen a queue in years. If you like the show it's worth a visit.

If there is any filming it tends to be first thing in the morning
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Have you had a look at go city cards? Google the likes of go los angeles card or go california card and see of they match up with what you want to do. They seem like good value if you want to do several of the included attractions.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

In downtown LA I think your boys will like Olivera Street and angels flight. The grand central market has lots of cheap eats.

Look at the LaBrea Tar Pits, Peterson auto museum, The Grove farmers market. The Go Los Angeles is with looking into.

Eat at InnOut Burger in Hollywood and order from their secret menu- look at their website.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

When we stayed in Anaheim for Disneyland, we enjoyed pizza from Blaze. On a previous trip we ate at Applebees where we happily ordered main meals to share , didn't seem a problem. (4 people)
Enjoyed In n Out Burgers but not been to the L.A. ones.
Our absolute favourite place to eat is Gordon Biersch Brewery in Burbank, famous for garlic fries and OH loved the beer menu! He had the sampler one choosing 5 beers! Happy days 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List