Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

I don’t want to sound ungrateful but ...

We have come for a week to Marjorca until we find out what’s happening with DH job later this year, and it’s been nice but we’ve not done this for 20 years and think it might be another 20 years until we do it again if ever.
We’ve been very lucky in going to Florida and this holiday has cemented that’s what we like, I’m not one for lounging round the pool I’ve discovered, buffet for lunch and dinner have been great choices, but fed up serving myself lol
Loved a bit of sun, but missed the heat of Florida
So Majorca it’s been fun, but not for us sadly, but a short flight and some sunshine away from work has been great
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

I am sure it has been a welcome break for you, a time to put you ur feet up. We feel that Disney has spoilt us, we now compare every break to a Disneyland break, we know we shouldn't but we do.

Having a different type of holiday is a good thing as it has obviously reaffirmed that your heart is in Florida.

We are going on a cruise in 6 weeks time, we are intrigued to see if we enjoy it, as it will raise questions on our trip next year
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Mobile

We are in Turkey at the moment and are feeling exactly the same. Don’t get me wrong the hotel is 5 star and has been great but the buffet is overwhelming we are looking forward to a meal being served to us when we are home. Our hotel is very German and Russian dominated and spending time round the pools with almost every bed occupied by a smoker is choking and not enjoyable. We have spent a fair bit of time either in the pool or down on the beach in the sea. At the same time we have had enough of the Florida theme parks too so will have to think carefully where to go next.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Awwwww we enjoy our Europe holidays on our own as we do like to lounge around the pool and soak up the sun but can’t beat Florida with the family, we still spend a lot of time around the villa pool as we don’t do the parks anymore but the dining side of it I can understand , we have done several AI and it’s just the laziness I enjoy, so much better to go out and dine instead of up and down to the buffet to help yourself though . I think next time we go away on our own to Europe we will do either self catering or bed and breakfast .
We wouldn’t do Florida on our own, that’s our “ family holiday “ but Florida can be just as cheap as going to Europe if you take the parks out of the equation .
Whereabouts in Majorca are you ?
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Exact opposite, fed up with the Disney holiday. Not fed up with the Florida holiday.

I’ll get me coat
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
We are in Turkey at the moment and are feeling exactly the same. Don’t get me wrong the hotel is 5 star and has been great but the buffet is overwhelming we are looking forward to a meal being served to us when we are home. Our hotel is very German and Russian dominated and spending time round the pools with almost every bed occupied by a smoker is choking and not enjoyable. We have spent a fair bit of time either in the pool or down on the beach in the sea. At the same time we have had enough of the Florida theme parks too so will have to think carefully where to go next.
Which hotel are you staying in ? Most 5* hotels have several a-la-carte restaurants you can choose from , we loved our Turkey holidays and used the restaurants , Greek, Chinese, Mexican, Turkish etc .
We didn’t notice any smoking , maybe that was just luck but it’s very hit and miss in Europe as they don’t have the same laws as we do regards smoking .
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
The smoking is awful, next to you on a lounger, the table next to you at a bar for a drink, lunch inside and they still smoke
As a non smoker maybe I’m more sensitive to it, but it’s just awful, but obviously the norm I’m not used too
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Awwwww we enjoy our Europe holidays on our own as we do like to lounge around the pool and soak up the sun but can’t beat Florida with the family, we still spend a lot of time around the villa pool as we don’t do the parks anymore but the dining side of it I can understand , we have done several AI and it’s just the laziness I enjoy, so much better to go out and dine instead of up and down to the buffet to help yourself though . I think next time we go away on our own to Europe we will do either self catering or bed and breakfast .
We wouldn’t do Florida on our own, that’s our “ family holiday “ but Florida can be just as cheap as going to Europe if you take the parks out of the equation .
Whereabouts in Majorca are you ?
Ca’n Picafort, the hotel is lovely and clean although lots of Germans who love to smoke lol
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If I went to Majorca again, I’d have to drive to Palma, go on a boat trip and try and explore the island. We are going to Kefalonia and plan on exploring everywhere, boat trips. I love looking at the beach and sea but can’t just lie there all day. My husband hates buffets, he would have me serve him if he could!
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Ca’n Picafort, the hotel is lovely and clean although lots of Germans who love to smoke lol
We may have just been lucky , there have been times where there has been the odd smoker but not to the extent you describe , we notice the sun bed claiming by the Germans more than anything, but then we are just as bad we like to get a good spot and in our defence we are there for the duration not just to put the towel down and go off for the day .
We tend to pick the adult hotels as they seem to be quieter and usually a good standard , I say usually as there has been one or two that we wouldn’t go back to .
I’m always on the look out for new areas to visit , I like the Balearic’s as it’s a short flight .