Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 12 Jul 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
GKnH
Excited about Disney

Thanks Lynda that's really helpful. If we get the early start to SOL we could feasibly do One World Observatory when we got back.
GKnH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Shame about the rain but what a great time up in the Crown , well done you on those steps !
Dinner looked lovely, breakfast sounded just meh !
Hope you got to do the things you missed ... But always good to have things to go back for ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
a lovely birthday for your husband
I was disappointed we didn't get to do all the things he wanted today but he said he really enjoyed his day. I think it was made better by the great evening meal.

Originally Posted by GKnH View Post
Thanks Lynda that's really helpful. If we get the early start to SOL we could feasibly do One World Observatory when we got back.
I think that could easily be done. Have a great time

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Shame about the rain but what a great time up in the Crown , well done you on those steps !
Dinner looked lovely, breakfast sounded just meh !
Hope you got to do the things you missed ... But always good to have things to go back for ...
We're so glad we went up to the Crown, it's definitely not the kind of thing you do every day... a special memory.

That breakfast was truly awful... worst burgers we've ever had. Yes, you're right we will have to go back, still so much to see

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I agree about the subway - we had no option but to use it last year as we were staying in Long Island City. We got our money's worth from the weekly tickets!

The walk up to the Crown is hard work! We were lucky in that although it was late December it was a clear day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I agree about the subway - we had no option but to use it last year as we were staying in Long Island City. We got our money's worth from the weekly tickets!

The walk up to the Crown is hard work! We were lucky in that although it was late December it was a clear day!
We ended up spending a fortune topping up our subway ticket but when we bought it we thought we would only use it a couple of times. Maybe a weekly ticket would be better for us if we go back.

Yes, that climb was very hard work. It must be even more lovely on a clear day

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, I'm really nervous about using the subway so I am glad to hear you found it really easy

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Great day, I'm really nervous about using the subway so I am glad to hear you found it really easy
I wouldn't hesitate to use the subway again, the app makes it so easy. Give it a go, I'm sure you wont' regret it

Old 21 Jul 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I wouldn't hesitate to use the subway again, the app makes it so easy. Give it a go, I'm sure you wont' regret it
What app did you use? I never knew there was one

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
What app did you use? I never knew there was one
It's the MTA app, which is the official NY subway one. It has maps and a route planner so I normally looked at the subway map first to figure out what station was closest to our start point, and what station was closest to our end point then put that into the route planner and it tells you how many stops you have until the end of your journey and any changes.

This is a screenshot of our journey to Brooklyn... So we got on the D train at 34th St Herald Square, then changed to the A train at Washington Square and onto High Street/Cadman Plaza. The only problem with this basic version of the app (you can upgrade for a price) is that it doesn't tell you how many stops until your change, just the total number of stops so you have to look out for the stations.

Old 22 Jul 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
It's the MTA app, which is the official NY subway one. It has maps and a route planner so I normally looked at the subway map first to figure out what station was closest to our start point, and what station was closest to our end point then put that into the route planner and it tells you how many stops you have until the end of your journey and any changes.

This is a screenshot of our journey to Brooklyn... So we got on the D train at 34th St Herald Square, then changed to the A train at Washington Square and onto High Street/Cadman Plaza. The only problem with this basic version of the app (you can upgrade for a price) is that it doesn't tell you how many stops until your change, just the total number of stops so you have to look out for the stations.

That's brilliant, I've taken a note of this, thanks very much for your reply, I didn't realise there was such a thing, thanks