Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve completed the first run of week 7 this morning and I’m actually really enjoying the longer runs now I don’t find the thought of them so intimidating! I quite like knowing I don’t have to keep having the ‘walk breaks’ and I get into a lovely rythym and pace when I’m running! It’s honestly the best thing I’ve done and this is the longest I’ve ever stuck to any kind of exercise or healthy eating plan (I usually give up after about 4 weeks lol)
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I’m due to start week 8 tomorrow morning but unsure if I should as I have slightly strained my groin muscles running in from the car in the rain the other evening! It was ok when I did my last run of week 7 yesterday but I can feel it a bit today. Have really enjoyed it so far and as others have said it is good to get into a steady rhythm and not having to stop for a walk. Though I never thought I’d say that a few weeks ago!
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
I’m due to start week 8 tomorrow morning but unsure if I should as I have slightly strained my groin muscles running in from the car in the rain the other evening! It was ok when I did my last run of week 7 yesterday but I can feel it a bit today. Have really enjoyed it so far and as others have said it is good to get into a steady rhythm and not having to stop for a walk. Though I never thought I’d say that a few weeks ago!
Judith
Hope you feel better soon. From my, very limited, experience taking off 2 weeks for my knees seemed to help.
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Feeling a little disappointed that I’ve had to have a break, I was doing so well but think I have shin splints so don’t want to make it worse.

I had a week off and the pain had just gone by day 7 so I decided to go for a run but not follow the programme and just see how I got on. I was week 7 run 3 so should have been running 25 mins. I managed 2 x 10 mins with a minute walk in between but now the shin splints are back 😞 it was ok while I was running though.

I’ve looked at exercises that are suggested to help so will do these and I’ve just ordered some compression sleeves to see if they’ll help.

Anybody else suffered with shin splints?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My daughter has - she went for gait analysis at a shop that offers it.
She got trainers that have helped. Had to rest and do exercises. Took a few weeks to settle. But she was soon running again.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Just completed week 4 run 1. It went OK, although my 'pace' is slow. Not sure if my fast walking is quicker.

In any case it's good that they keep reassuring you not to overdo it.

Hope those with injuries are getting better, and those running are progressing well.
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I don’t go that fast either but do try to push a bit the last 5 minutes. I moved on the week 8 and did run 1 today. My groin strain seems to have gone, thankfully. Hope everyone else is managing ok too. No experience of shin splints so can’t offer any advice, sorry. Have you googled it to see if you can get any advice on how to treat/cope?
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
I don’t go that fast either but do try to push a bit the last 5 minutes. I moved on the week 8 and did run 1 today. My groin strain seems to have gone, thankfully. Hope everyone else is managing ok too. No experience of shin splints so can’t offer any advice, sorry. Have you googled it to see if you can get any advice on how to treat/cope?
Glad you've progressed onto week 8 and that the strain has gone.

Old 24 Jun 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Hi everyone, I hope I can join this thread. I have just started Couch to 5K on Wednesday and I have done my 2nd run this morning. A couple of questions,
1) After Wednesday my legs were painful, then did a day working at the zoo yesterday and my legs were in so much pain it kept waking me up last night. Is this normal? 😬
I did my 2nd run today because if I miss a run then I won’t go back to it. 🙈 Do I need to warm up/cool down better?
2) Also how do I prevent myself from getting a stitch. I had one about 3/4 through the first one, but powered through and today I had one just after the brisk walk! 😳

I also want to get myself some new running trainers, but I really cannot afford high prices. Any ideas where I can get a pair from (£50 max).
If your legs feel stiff, tired or sore then it's probably just the new exercise and with warm ups, stretching and familiarity it gets better. However if its very painful you should see your GP, my friends daughter got something called Compartment syndrome (I think) when she started working out and it seems it really needs medical advice.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Its good to see so many people doing so well. I ran about 2.5 miles tonight in half an hour but it was so hot and a picked a route without much shade so I found it really tough at the end and should have started slower! However I as still glad I did it.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List