Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Oct 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

DAY 5 : Epcot (and rain)

so our starting time was a little later than what the rest of our week has been. we had Garden Grill at 10am for breakfast so that was late to our normal breaky!

we met chip, dale, mickey, pluto and goofey. Loved the breakfast here. A big plate of sausages, scrambled eggs, mickey waffles, bacon, tater tots and not to forget the yummy cinnamon sticky bun and a big bowl of fruit (this was all you care to enjoy so if you wanted more you could always ask. we didn't manage to finish any of it haha!)
loved that our juice was served in a mason jar ^__^ it's the little things.

After stuffing our faces and feeling rather full *rolls about* we wondered out of the garden grill feeling rather floaty like ( i blame it on the rotation) and we done living with the land. Now, this was just a fine ride to go on as it's not fast, it's not very thrilling and to be honest, it let the breaky settle haha!

after this, we headed to under the seas with nemo. I remember going to this spot when i was just a wee'n. I remember fondly of feading the manatees lettuce haha. Kids enjoyed this and again it's quite a cute little ride. personally, i enjoyed all the aquariums etc... AFTER the ride finishes and leads out into a large foyer. Hubby was on the hunt for pressed pennies ( i will post a picture at the end of this trip report with his collection, hah ) so we went on a penny-hunt after Nemo. We were going to go and do turtle talk with crush but thought that it was too nice a day (haha oh how we got this totally wrong by the afternoon)

Since we had a frozen fastpass later on in the afternoon (opened at 2:45) we started to explore the world showcase. Epcot food and wine was on when we were there and there was so much food! you know, because we didn't have enough to choose from as it was! had a little nose at what they had on the 'scotland' stand. yeah, erm never really ate any of that. where was the haggis neeps 'n' tatties!

We eventually reached my fav country; Japan! 私は少し日本語を話します I speak (and read) a little Japanese so i was practically giddy speaking to the 'Japan' representative at the pavilion. There was an American family trying to read the Japanese lesson cards and i was biting my tongue at their pronunciation hahaha!

look at the plush; it's a Shiba Inu like our Ichigo

everything went downhill after Norway and our frozen fastpass though - haha. The heavens opened and thrw down the heaviest rain i've had in Orlando. We had no ponchos so huddled in the Norway pavilion until it cleared slightly. As a result of the rain though our Test track fastpass was postponed... then the rain started again. we called it a day and started heading to the buses outta there. My god, going on to an air conditioned bus when you are soaked through is NOT fun *chitters*

PJs and Pizza in the room was our port of call for the night haha. The kids played on their tablets and me and Hub just chilled.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Enjoying this report, looks like you had a really fun time!

90+ degree F heat everyday is pretty wild, isn't it?! We got through SO much sunscreen (and yes, Ultrasun is amazing! Went on so nice and lasted really well, well until I got sunburnt at AK.) and I think my most uttered phrase was "aaah! air conditioning!"
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Great read thank you for sharing looking forward to the rest 😀
Old 3 Apr 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 6: Rest day

So, i know i am WAAAY overdue for writing this hahahah

so saturday was a rest day. My thoughts were that saturday is probably going to be hoaching as it's the weekend so a little wonder around our resort and then a wee wonder to disney springs was on the cards for today.

It was fine having a nice lazy day; managed to get some washing done and the only reservations we had weren't until 4pm (T-rex for dinner)

we wondered down to Disney springs and grabbed ourselves some pretzels (which, despite not being listed on their menu ARE part of the DDP! these things were huge! (and very yummy)

after looking at the shops we headed to T-rex to make a dino before heading to Cirque. (we had to be there for 5:30 so it was going to be cutting it fine but we were ok) Our wee boy has wanted to make himself a dino for AGES so he was so happy! he decided to go for a green t-rex that roars and had a superhero outfit, mask and black wellie boots haha. they also got to put a scent in their bears too as there was an offer on. i can't remember exactly but it was something like $38 for a bear, scent,sound,full outfit.

T-rex was ok. I mean the kids loved it because we got to sit in the colour changing 'ice' room (you know the bit i mean) the food was nothing special but it was tasty enough. Felt like we had to wait a good while go get our dessert though and in the end we just didn't bother as we were full to the brim anyway!

Run run run to cirque and we go there with loads of time to spare! now i didn't get pictures as we weren't allowed to take pics (not that that stops anyone!)

it was absolutely fantastic! our seats were in a really good area and the actual venue itself isn't a crazy size so it was quite intimate feeling This is the 2nd time me and OH have seen cirque (first time being our first real 'date' after starting to go out hah) the kids were fascinated by it and wouldn't stop talking about it on the walk back to the room)

we came out of cirque and it was lashing it down with rain. not to worry! yes, organised mum packed ponchos! so everyone else was huddled in doorways or sprinting for the nearest shop; we shoved the ponchos on and walked back to our room. That's the plus with SSR; it's so close to Disney springs! due to the weather the boats weren't running so walking was the quicker option and the walk was quite nice!

once we got into our room OH went to get some food from Artists palette while i got the kids in the shower then PJ'd up... haha now, this is were we encountered a little friend.

I had gone out to the balcony to get some things that we'd put out there to dry and i felt a drop on my head (rain obviously...) so i came back inside and something jumped on the floor and under the fridge! looking on the floor there was a leaf so just told myself yeah, that's what it was. 5 minutes later and my DD shouts from the shower. I looked to the bathroom and see a teeny wee frog on the door! little thing bounced off the door then under the sink!

OH comes back with the food and though i was joking! when he thought about having a tiny wee frog jumping on his face during the night he decided to go on the hunt and found it. haha little froggie was evicted and bounced off.

Edited at 11:14 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List