Old 9 May 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Food Report Fail Nov 2018

I had the best intentions (like every trip) to do a full food report but the holiday just seemed to get in the way.

We are a family of 5. There's me, DH, DS16, DS13 and DD2 we stayed at OKW with DDP 26th Nov - 12th Dec. We paid OOP for all of DDs meals where we didn't want to share.

The title of this is because well half our meals we failed to get pictures of, so it'll mainly just be picture spam of what I have got. I'm a little weird in that I keep all our receipts so I have all of those with info to fill in the gaps.

Travel Day

We were allowed in to the Vroom free of charge due to a promotion with virgin holidays, we normally pay to go in here anyway so this was a bonus. No food pics (Surprise ) but regardless as to whether it's free or paid for, we find it super value, especially with two son's that have hollow legs.

We flew VA - again no food photos, but here's the menu

The boys and DH had curry, I had the rigatoni bake. Food was OK to be fair, it filled the gap. VA messed up and gave our pre ordered children's meal to someone a few seats up - an adult may I add who was moaning about the food choices. Not one to make a fuss, our DD had the rigatoni adult meal which, funnily enough was what the children's meal was anyway. Not long after food the same adult that took the children's meal then had a moan to the crew about all the children that were seated in the bubble...in economy, same as him!

Day One

Its our tradition to have an Ihop breakfast on our first day as we are always up ridiculously early.

Both DS's had the chocolate chocolate chip pancakes. Make your own mind up about what you think it looks like... They actually tasted really nice but we must've been mental to let them have that much chocolate so early in the morning

DH and I, had the breakfast sampler, he stole my ham. These came with a side of strawberry pancakes.

Magic Kingdom was our park of choice and around 11am we were peckish. We love columbia harbour house and the only pic I managed was of my meal.

I had the Tuna Sandwich, which was served with house made potato chips. Boys had chicken nuggets and DH had the trio sampler.

DD had an uncrustables with yoghurt & applesauce (she wasn't a fan)

4 QS redeemed and $6.49 for kids meal.

Food was good, but we always find that it is here.

Dinner was another first day tradition at Outback steakhouse. We go to the one on Vineland Ave. We always enjoy our food here and today's meal was no different. I managed one food pic I love, love love the New South Wales sangria here and the coconut shrimp

we also redeemed 3 snack credits on a candy apple, chocolate chip mickey head cookie and a tub of Ice cream.

We also ended up spending $28.99 on a cinderella bubble wand that broke 4 days later
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*

Edited at 08:02 PM.
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Two

We had a breakfast reservation at Tusker House. We always eat here on every trip but this time the food was really poor. DH suffered for a day or two afterwards. No food pics as buffet food never looks appetising does it

No lunch but a stop at creature comforts for 2 x hot chocolates, a caramel macchiato and an almond milk latte.

Dinner was at Millers Ale House, we had finally managed to visit here after it had been on our list every single trip.

We all had burgers, and we shared a Zinger mountain melt.

Other spends today were a Pluto popcorn bucket $15.54,
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Three - Hollywood Studios

Lunch was at Backlot Express

2 x Backlot burgers and 2 x 1/3 Angus beef burgers. Drinks, I had a vodka lemonade and DH had a sam adams. DD had a kids chicken nugget meal, cookie and fries this was $7.19

Dinner was at Chef Art Smiths, Homecoming.

Gutted we didn't get any photos of this meal as this was one of our favourites even though service lacked a little. We were on time for our reservation but had a 20 minute wait, one server took our order then they had a shift change so it took a further 20 minutes to even get our drinks. Not to be deterred we patiently waited for food and it was worth the wait. This is on our list to revisit next year.

This beauty was the memphis belle - delicious

DD stole my hummingbird cake, she loved this... the portion was huge!

Snack credits were redeemed on

2 x mickey ice cream bars, 1 x premium mickey bar, carrot cake and a fruit lolly.

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Old 9 May 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Four - Epcot

We popped in to Kringla bakery in Norway, all the boys had Annas Birthday Cupcake and I chose an almond pretzel (cant remember the exact name) these were all snack credits

We had a lunch reservation at Teppan Edo, no food photos though sorry. DD had a children's meal and they didn't charge for this, they said it was free? Not going to complain about that. Our server was really pushy regarding the tip must've mentioned to our table about 6 times that tip was not included on the dining plan... won't put us off though as we do enjoy this meal

quick wander round the showcase for our favourite grapefruit beer and the standard French slush

We also redeemed snack credits on
mickey ice cream bar
fruit bar
and went wild in the werthers shop
Old 9 May 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
These days are not really worth posting but hey ho..

Day Five

we spent the day at premium outlet so spent the evening at the resort, not sure on the name of this cocktail, its most likely the standard resort ones, it went down ok though

Dinner was at goodtogo

2 x Angus cheese burgers, with a corona and an Angry Orchid and the boys had chicken nuggets and fries. They swapped the drinks for a carrot cake and a seasonal cupcake.

Day Six

Back to Epcot.

We all had Bratwurst Combos from Germany. DH had a becks and i had a grapefruit beer.

We had another round of drinks each whilst there both were $9.75 each

Dinner was at Rose and Crown (only one pic as it was super busy and the food took ages so caused mini to have a bit of a meltdown)

The boys all had fish and chips and I had short rib which I think, was a seasonal item?

DH and I had a glass of Rose and a Boddingtons

Followed by Angry Orchids on our balcony at OKW

Edited at 09:00 PM.
Old 9 May 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Seven - Magic Kindgom

You can't spend snack credits on water can you it's a sin... so we bought 4 x water refilled the popcorn bucket and got DD a fruit lolly for $24.25

Lunch reservation at BOG this is DH's fav QS spot, although he was disappointed to learn they had changed his beloved Beef sandwich, to be fair this one is just as good.

We didn't pre order this meal like we normally would as we wanted to pay OOP for DDs meal. Massive mistake it took 40 minutes to get to the ordering point.

we had 3 x french dip sandwiches, turkey sandwich. Both boys had chocolate milk I had my fave grapefruit beer and DH had a stella. We ordered Kids Macaroni with broccoli which came with water $ 9.58

Dinner was at Whispering Canyon. It was our first time here and at the WL which is just beautiful. We loved wandering around whist waiting for our reservation.

We had 2 x NY strips, Ribs and a dinner platter. Both boys had milkshakes, Chardonnay for me and a Moosehead lager for dh. Nothing for DD as she was fast asleep.

None of us enjoyed this meal. It was really tasteless and the meats were just fatty. We love a good time but really didnt enjoy or get the antics here. DH had another Moosehead Lager that was $8.50

Back at the resort we stopped off at goodstogo to get DD a hotdog meal $ 6.99 and a banana for after her breakfast the next day $2.29
Old 9 May 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for posting. Good to hear that you enjoyed Homcomin’. We are staying at OKW for the first time this summer. Did you enjoy it there?
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day eight - Hollywood studios

We had breakfast in the room this morning and lunch we wanted hotdogs.

I nipped to catalina Eddies to get a kids Cheese Pizza $6.69 came with a yoghurt, cookie and a water

We had hotdogs from Min and Bills dockside diner

3 x carolina hotdogs and a chilli cheese hotdog Bud for DH and a grapfruit bee for me, they all came with Lays. Didn't realise just how many ducks are on that lake in Hollywood studios

Dinner was Beaches and Cream. No dinner pics just dessert, no idea why. We did eat 2 x cheese burgers, Turkey club sandwich and a tuna salad sandwhich (this was served on a croissant)

Desserts were No Way Jose, Snickers sundae and a regular sundae

DD had Grilled Chicken but didn't eat a single bit of it a lovely waste of $8.25
Old 9 May 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of yummy looking food & drinks.
Can’t believe it took 40 mins to get to the ordering station at BOG. We’ve always pre-ordered! Will have to remember to do the same this year, don’t want a wait like that - ha.
I think we’ll have to try Annas Birthday Cupcake and almond pretzel from Norway.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Some great photos. I'm glad you decided to share this with us.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List