Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jan 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
So would you do emh then do your 3 fast passes at the that park then maybe move on to a park that is most recommended or should do emh then do my three fast passes at a different park that is most recommended ? Thanks
I've done it both ways, it all depends on how long I feel I might want to stay at the EMH park...
Old 16 Jan 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
So would you do emh then do your 3 fast passes at the that park then maybe move on to a park that is most recommended or should do emh then do my three fast passes at a different park that is most recommended ? Thanks
I've been there so I'll try to share my POV

doing EMH require the following :
- you're eligible (obviously)
- you arrive at the park well before EMH start to take full benefit
- you have a hopper/ultimate ticket and you change parks around noon, as the crowds builds up, and switch to a "recommended park" (you'll notice busy day guide will class EMH parks as least recommended, because, unless you take advantage of the first hours, it's not that insteresting)

if you meet the above, then by all means, use EMH, if not, don't go to the EMH park that day

now, FP+ ... will mainly depend on how you will split your day, and on which park you go

for example, if your afternoon park is EPCOT, you'll only be able to get 1 tier 1 ride, so getting the 3 FP+ for the afternoon does not really make sense, as there is no way you'll get a headliner as FP+ #4 if you've saved your FPs for the afternoon

in that case, doing the FP+ in the first 3 hours of regular opening time at the EMH park will allow you to get that soarin, frozen, or test track FP+ for the afternoon, as soon as you've scanned your FP+ #3 in the EMH park

if your afternoon park is MK, then maybe you could just take advantage of EMH and morning low crowds, and save your FP+ for the afternoon
because your EMH park will be a tiered one (DAK, DHS or EP)

it also depends on your schedule
if your afternoon park is after a big break at the hotel, and you're having a meal at a TS place, then you can keep the FP+ for the afternoon to manage your time, and schedule FP+ on either side of your ADR

so, see there is no one-size-fits-all answer to your question, it's about sensible planning around your day. Some days will call for morning FP+ then additionnal FP+ in the next park, some days will call for saving the FP+ for the afternoon

but as a rule of thumb, the sooner you have used (or let lapse) your initial 3FP+, the sooner you can get additional ones in the same or in another park
aftetnoon FP+ from the get go will most likely be kept for days where you have an afternoon "off" for example, I schedule FP+ in the afternoon if I have a waterpark morning, this way I'm guaranteeed at least 3 rides even when I arrive 4pm-ish in a park
for the rest, it will mainly be 3 FP+ in the first 3 hours or regular openiong time, eMH or not.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List