Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Fast track security Bristol Airport

Hi all

Family of 5 flying out of Bristol about 10am on Friday 23rd August, do you think it's worth doing Fast Track Security, I'm booking the lounge so dont want to be queuing for ages?

Not flown through Bristol in years so no idea how busy it gets.

Thanks
voicon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We are family of 5 going out a month or so before. We do tend to do the fast track, but I guess in part it depends on the time of day. I have checked their website and there are 8/9 other flights at broadly the same time as our departure at 18:45. From recollection it is busier in the mornings.

I have done it before and it was a waste of money as not busy, have also done it and it was worth its weight in gold.

Edited at 07:11 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Never used a lounge there before. The airport is small, functional but busy airside.

Worth noting that they do not normally do announcements, so make sure you sit with a view of the screens.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks, to be honest I didn't look at the price, it's only £3.95 per person anyway so worth the risk I think

I used the lounge here probably 8+ years ago but the airport was being refurbished at the time so i think its changed now.
voicon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

We are a family of 5 and flew last August from Bristol. We got there as check in opened and went through security very quickly, so IMHO there’s no need to go through Fast Track. The lounge was okay for breakfast. It was nice to spend a couple of hours away from the crowds, the food was nothing special. On a side note when boarding you go outside so it was raining when we boarded and we got a little wet.
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by northpetherton View Post
We are a family of 5 and flew last August from Bristol. We got there as check in opened and went through security very quickly, so IMHO there’s no need to go through Fast Track. The lounge was okay for breakfast. It was nice to spend a couple of hours away from the crowds, the food was nothing special. On a side note when boarding you go outside so it was raining when we boarded and we got a little wet.
Can you advise please we went TUI PE 2017 from Bristol and doing so again next June. Previously we had automatic fast track security but not the lounge is the still the same. ?
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Sorry I don’t know. We were in ELR seats not PE.
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
008Jerseygirl
Earning More Ears

Code JUL19 currently gives 20% off fast track so £3 each also 10% off lounges and parking.
008Jerseygirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by northpetherton View Post
Thanks, it is nice relaxing in the lounge before the flight, we usually book them on the way out but not the way back though, not sure why.