Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi everyone.
I'm back to slimming world tomorrow I've lost 3st over the last few years but I put around 9.5lb on after my 3 week Florida holiday in September.
I managed to lose about half of it then around mid November I picked up a virus and haven't eaten properly since then.
All I'm doing is picking at food that's not very healthy and the thought of fruit and veg has been making me feel sick.
I think in the last 6 weeks I've only eaten 4/5 proper meals.

I'll go tomorrow evening and have a chat with the consultant then we can do a proper food shop on Friday when I'm off.
I'm also going to start following the Slimming World thread over in social groups again which is always helpful.
I bought 2 food diaries yesterday from Home Bargains which last for 12 weeks so hopefully they will help.

Good luck everyone.
Old 1 Jan 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I braved the scales for first time in ages yesterday morning, so I had a weight to start from scratch today, I've started as a new member so no previous history but new year new start they say so that suits me, I've just had fat free yogurt and cheerios and fruit for brekkie before I head to work so I can say I've been on plan all year so far lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Hi everyone.
I'm back to slimming world tomorrow I've lost 3st over the last few years but I put around 9.5lb on after my 3 week Florida holiday in September.
I managed to lose about half of it then around mid November I picked up a virus and haven't eaten properly since then.
All I'm doing is picking at food that's not very healthy and the thought of fruit and veg has been making me feel sick.
I think in the last 6 weeks I've only eaten 4/5 proper meals.

I'll go tomorrow evening and have a chat with the consultant then we can do a proper food shop on Friday when I'm off.
I'm also going to start following the Slimming World thread over in social groups again which is always helpful.
I bought 2 food diaries yesterday from Home Bargains which last for 12 weeks so hopefully they will help.

Good luck everyone.
After all the years off and on I've done slimming world I still think I'm better when I record everything, helps keep me on track and accountable xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I rejoined slimming world in 2018 and lost 4 stone in 40 weeks. I’m now a target member but I have to still go to meetings to keep it off. I’ve joined in the past, lost weight, hit target, gone away and put it all back on again. We have a nice group where we have a laugh every week and so staying for class isn’t a chore. I know I’ve put on over Christmas but didn’t go too mad so am hoping that it will drop off early January.
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
After all the years off and on I've done slimming world I still think I'm better when I record everything, helps keep me on track and accountable xx
I also find it helps to write everything down but I always lose the SW diaries so hopefully having a proper diary will help
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I need to write everything down too to keep on track. Will have a look in home bargains for those diaries.My handwriting is too big for those scraps of paper from SW !

Good look Taffy. Hope you are now on the mend and can start eating on plan again.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m going to re-join on Saturday morning, I really don’t like how I’m feeling at the moment and the only way to change is to go back.

By starting now gives me a chance of getting to target before the summer.

Have there been any changes since September?

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I lost 2 stone on slimming world last year and have let about 10lbs creep back on. I won’t be joining again but will be doing it myself from home.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

No changes since September
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes, I will. I tried it last year for six weeks. I’d been losing weight successfully at home by counting calories but had got a bit complacent. I have to confess that I didn’t actually follow the SW plan, I still counted calories, but getting on the scales kept my head in the game and it’s a friendly group with an enthusiastic leader. I’m even encouraged to try the actual plan as so many people there have done so well on it. 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List