Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Actifry or air fryer

Had some money for Christmas but don’t know if I’d be better buying the Tefal Actifry or Phillips Airfryer? We are only two at home

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

I’d be interested in opinions on this, as I’m undecided too
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a ninja airfryer and it's better than both of them i have had both
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
I have a ninja airfryer and it's better than both of them i have had both
I have ninja one too and like it but have no knowledge of other two
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I have an airfryer and it's brilliant for what I want it for, can't comment on actifry but reason I got an airfryer was they are quite a bit cheaper and I've bought stuff like this before and they've been 10 minute wonders and ended up in a cupboard, not this time though lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a Philips ita nice for chips but not as much you can do as the basket is like the one you use to fry in a normal fryer. The actifry was good but its larger and also I didn't like the settings as much as not as many features I felt and you cant do as much as the ninja one
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Had both, only cooked chips in them as this was what we wanted as a healthier option after years of a deep fat fryer for chips. We first had a tower air fryer. The main problem is the air fryer we had didn’t turn the chips, so you had to keep turning the chips and they didn’t cook equally. The ones on top cooked faster and we found that for four people it took ages to get enough chips cooked through. You also have to toss the chips in oil before putting them into the air fryer. So we bought the more expensive actifry. We are really impressed with it. So much better. Cooks chips in a spoonful of oil put straight into the pan. Evenly cooked crispy chips. We put them on and can walk away and leave them, no turning needed. Can’t comment on other features as only cooked chips so far but would recommend the actifry for chips.
Old 4 Jan 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Actifry is down to 89.99 on Amazon ATM. One in post to me.

Wanted actifry over airfryer as wanted to cook wet stuff like Bolognese curry and stirfry not just dry stuff like chips.

Airfryer has a basket rather than a bowl so cannot cook wet foods in it.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

My ninja airfryer doesn't have a basket that why I love it so much
Old 7 Jan 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Actifry is down to 89.99 on Amazon ATM. One in post to me.

Wanted actifry over airfryer as wanted to cook wet stuff like Bolognese curry and stirfry not just dry stuff like chips.

Airfryer has a basket rather than a bowl so cannot cook wet foods in it.
We just got an Actifry for Christmas from my parents and I might be wrong as I only scanned the instructions but I was sure it said you couldn't put wet foods in it - I admit I didn't understand why as like you say it's a sealed bowl. I will read them again tonight and see exactly what it said!

We haven't done much in it but we have used it for Chips a few times (I bought a "chipper" from dunelm for £12 and don't even peel the spuds now, so quick, easy and really nice chips!) and did some chicken wings in it (which I did for too long as I didn't hear the timer but they were still nice enough lol) and Jacket Spuds (paddle removed) which took about 50 mins for 3 medium sized ones but the bonus was to get crispy skin we usually microwave for 5-8 mins per spud then put in oven for an hour, we removed the microwave step, just pricked them and brushed olive oil and put them in, they were crispy and nicely cooked - so much easier!

I think we will be using ours a lot but using the oven timer as the timer on it is REALLY quiet yet the fryer is quite loud, I can't hear the timer go off if I am not already in the kitchen so I pop the oven timer on as ours is loud and works if the oven is turned off
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List