Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 20, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bloom
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Fastpass help

Hoping for some advice on where to start with fast passes and which ones to go for.

We have a last minute trip planned for February off site so only the 30 days out. I’m not expecting to secure the big popular rides but ideas on what to fast pass. I’ve been reading up and looking at you tube ect for ideas. Kids are 11, 8 , 6 none of them have rode big coasters before and are a little unsure.
What would you your suggestions be?

Edited at 01:48 AM.
Bloom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Epcot main ones are test track soaring or frozen you can only pick one from these three. Tbh I pick whichever is free at the time I’d like it as they are all good and all a good fastpass to get in regards to the other two at Epcot I usually get living with the land and spaceship earth but rearly need to use them.

Animal kingdom - I would say pandora but the like hood of getting one at 30 days is very slim so we tend to go for the safaris as it’s a great family ride, Everest for the thrill seekers and then dinosaur. You could get the rapids though so you could go on as a family? I’m not familiar with the height restrictions.

Hollywood studios is tiered also so I usually go for toy story mania as slinky will be hard to get at 30 days, star tours then maybe a show?

Magic kingdom is where you’ll have the most options but it depends on what your children will want to or are able to ride! I usually get the three mountains however buzz is a good fastpass as the lines can get long as is haunted mansion and Peter Pan. It really depends on what your children are going to be interested in riding but that’s roughly what I aim for 😁
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Define big coasters as there aren't any at Disney in my view. However everyone is different so have they ridden any type of coaster?

The barnstormer is the childrens coaster but adults ride it too. Big thunder mountain is very good, fast and gives airtime so could be scary for first timers.
Splash mountain is fab themeing (may be closed though) and has a big drop. Space mountain is loud, dark and fast but great fun but could be scary again as you have no idea what is next.

7 dwarves mine train is fun, this would be a good gauge of enjoyment level but hard to get a fast pass.

Test track ( may be closed, is fun, not a true coaster so they could try that if open.

Everest, more intense coaster and my favourite at Disney, goes backwards for a bit. Dinosaur is bumpy but enjoyable, not really a coaster though. Primeval whirl (hurl) could be a good option to try out.

Slinky dog, wow this is fun, not a big coaster but its fab. If you see a fastpass grab it. If you see any for toy story mania or alien saucers grab them.

Rock n roll - fairly decent coaster, inverts so perhaps not the best but only one way to find out. Hurts my head though.

In terms of fast passes if you see Soarin, frozen, slinky dog, toy story mania, flight of passage, 7 dwarves, Peter pan, grab them.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

My 6yo was big enough to ride Space Mountain last time we were there. But she was terrified. She isn't great in the dark, but she hated that you sit on your own and she couldn't cling onto an adult! She liked everything else (not a fan of Pirates either TBH because of the dark).
Our 3yo loved the Barnstormer and really enjoyed DINOSAUR too.
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List