Old 9 Nov 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
Mobile 4 became 2 Food report Nov 8th-12th ** COMPLETE**

The story of how 4 became 2 is in my pre trip report but we are here now after everything being thrown in our way to stop us coming. So on with the Food report 😊

Travel Day

We had low fare tickets booked with Norwegian which doesn’t include a meal or drinks. We stopped at Asda on the way to Gatwick and picked up a couple of sandwiches for the flight which came to the total of £4.50.
Once through security we brought some drinks for the flight from WHSmith, two bottles of Ice tea and 4 bottles of Mango Diet Coke, these came to £10.50.
At Gatwick I had booked the My Lounge for us, we got in there at about 12.15 and left at about 2pm so just under two hours of food and drink for £42 for us both.

One the plane Ben was flicking through the snacks and drinks section and found this Norwegian beer, which apparently he had to have

So he got two lol $5.50 each
After checking in at All Star Music we both decided we were peckish and Ben said he needed a pint, so off to Disney Springs. First stop was Raglan Road for Bens pint.
Two pints of Harp were brought and we sat and listened to the band for a bit. No pics of the pints but this is the bill

Paid by card and left $3 tip in cash. Then it was off to find food. We ended up at Chicken Guy. We both had 5 chicken tenders with 2 sauces and shared a soft drink

These were probably the best chicken tenders I’ve ever had. Nice and fresh, large pieces of chicken and not dry at all.
After eating we went back to our room and crawled into bed at 1am. Tomorrow is DHS with Ogas Cantina reservation and Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival

Edited at 11:44 PM.
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Hope the beer tasted better than it sounds look forward to following along and seeing how much you can cram in over the 5 days.

Have a fantastic holiday
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Sounds great. We really need to try Chicken Guy next time as it looks lovely. I’m joining you on your food travels. 😆

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great start, hope you have a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day One - DHS and Epcot

I was up at 4.30am so caught up on FB happenings and posted yesterdays trip report. At 6.30am I went on a coffee hunt and filled our refillable cups.

We decided on breakfast in Galaxys Edge as it was the one thing I had used to persuade Ben that a 5 day trip was a good idea.

We decided on the Rontasaurus Wrap, we shared this and the garlic sausage was the star of this. We didnt want to fill up too much as we were going to hit the Food and Wine festival in the afternoon.

As we walked into Galaxys Edge we saw a vending cart selling the round bottles of soft drinks. All 3 were purchased for a total of $18

Id managed to secure a 12pm adr for Ogas Cantina the week before. All Ben had asked for out of this whole trip was the Rancor Beer flight, so how could I refuse. Yes it is very expensive, $90 with tax and tip but I had a very happy fiance

Both being huge Star Wars fans we loved Galaxys Edge but the Food and Wine Festival was calling. Before leaving I got a Dragon Fruit and Mango refresher from Starbucks and a peanut butter cupcake for later in the room. The drink is sooooo good and I loved these cupcakes when they were the old Butterfinger ones that I first had 7 years ago.

We made it into Epcot at about 3pm, using the friendship boats to arrive at International Gateway. We put $50 on a wristband giftcard to use for food and were going to use the $30 giftcard we had been given for turning down housekeeping for drinks. The housekeeping giftcard had been emailed to us and you just show the barcode from your phone.

First choice was the corned beef, cheese curds, cheese fondue, pickled onions on chips, I had seen this on a number of vlogs and was one I had chosen as a must do. This was very very good and we both decided at the end of the evening that this had been our favourite and could have very easily gone back for more

We worked our way clockwise round and the next stop was the Caribbean with an Empanada. Neither of us were really impressed by this, tasted more mexican than from the Caribbean.

Drinks were next on the list and we decided to try the beer flight from Germany.

The Pomegranate beer was my favorite. A very odd band were playing on the stage while we were drinking these and gave us a few giggles.

We took a slow wander round worlld showcase, looking in the shops and a few of the displays. It was extremely busy as it was a Saturday night and we did see quite a few stag parties.
Next food to try was Bens choice of the Teryaki Bun. The filling in this is lovely

Both of us were getting tired so decided to get one more drink and call it a night. My choice was the Grand Marnier Slush from France and Ben chose a Kronenberg as its his beer of choice at home

After catching the bus back to All Star Music we stopped at the pool bar as it was still open, we used up the last of the giftcard and I ordered a Mai Tai and Ben had a beer.

We refilled our cups with soft drinks to take back to the room and I picked up one of the seasonal cupcakes. The Jack Skellington Lime cake

A very long day but totally worth it. We both said that we want to come back during Food & Wine again and really attack it properly. Galaxys Edge is amazing, totally submersive, I couldnt believe that it was part of DHS as you really do feel as if you are in place on its own. Two very happy but tired adults who have waited over 30 years for this :-)

Edited at 11:09 PM. Reason: Adding picture
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day Two- Resort Hopping and Red Lobster

Todays plans were a quick Walmart shop, a game of mini golf and then Red Lobster for dinner.

I wasn't going to let Ben into Walmart hungry as the bill would have been massive lol, so we decided to have brekkie at the food court. Ben ordered the Bounty Platter and I had the fruit pancakes. I asked for the sauce on the side.

These pancakes beat me and I could only manage 1 and a half. Next time I think the kids portions would be enough.

After our game of mini golf we caught a bus from the Swan to Disney Springs and walked up to the Red Lobster at Crossroads. I had got a voucher for a free appetizer by joining the email club.

For our starter we chose the Coconut Shrimp

This was both our first visit to Red Lobster and I often wondered what the fuss was about with the Cheese biscuits. Well now I know, they are amazing and I could have eaten a lot more than the two each we were given lol

For main, Ben chose the Admirals platter but swapped the Flounder for Crab legs, he really wasnt expecting that amount of food. He also chose a house salad to go with his main.

I chose the Dragon Shrimp, this was nice and spicy and the caesar salad I chose to go with it helped cool it down when it built up a bit too much.

I had the raspberry lemonade to drink and Ben had a beer. We both really enjoyed Red Lobster and it is on our return list for next time when we bring the boy with us
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Hope the beer tasted better than it sounds look forward to following along and seeing how much you can cram in over the 5 days.

Have a fantastic holiday

Ben seemed to enjoy it lol, he had two on the way out and two on the way back
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3 - Resort hopping and MVMCP

Breakfast this morning was going to be at Captain Cooks at the Polynesian, after 9 years and 5 trips I was finally going to get the Tonga toast. The weather was lovely so we sat outside. Although this is a QS restaurant, when you order they give you a tracker and bring your food out to your table.

Ben ordered the Breakfast flatbread and we both used our refillable cups for drinks.

Ben said the flatbread was good but the cheese got a bit too much for him halfway through. Now the Tonga toast was definitely worth the wait, I loved it and will most certainly be making them come back for breakfast at the Poly again.

We went resort hopping to see the Gingerbread houses and ended up at Wilderness Lodge, Ben fell in love with this resort and decided that he had to stay here one day.

We sat at the outside lounge and had a drink. I had a non alcoholic worth melting for lemonade and they made Ben a White Russian. We just sat and enjoyed the peace looking out over the lake. A really nice way to relax before MVMCP

We decided on Columbia Harbour House for dinner as Tortuga Tavern had closed early as it was a treat spot for the party. It seems I didnt take any pictures of dinner but Ben had the clam chowder and shared the triple platter with me.

We collected some of the sugar cookies from the party and brought these home with us, I had one last night and I most say they are lovely. Shortbread like in texture with a strong vanilla taste.

Edited at 11:25 PM. Reason: Adding picture
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 4 - The Wave and travel home day

So our quick trip was almost over, I'd seen rave reviews for The Wave and decided to book it for our final day breakfast.

We decided on the buffet option and both ordered a cocktail to round off our holiday.

Its not the largest of buffet choices but very good for the price of $22 each

After outlet shopping we ended up at Disney Springs and stopped at House of Blues for one final drink

We brought sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich to eat at the airport before the flight home. Due to the check in fiasco we ended up eating these in the queue so I didn't get any pictures.

So that is the end of my food report of our quick 5 day trip, lots of places that Ben saw that he would like to try a couple of new favorites too. Roll on 2021 when we get to go again for double the length of time
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

That was a quick trip! The food and drink choices all look good.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List