Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jan 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’ve always wanted
To have a caricature done but I hate seeing photos of myself so I might be scared to look at a caricature 😱😱

I could take a photo of Eric with me, my poor old cat who died last year, and get a sketch done of him. Actually I think I will definitely do that, I hadn’t thought of it until now.

Edited at 02:54 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ww had daughter done in Disney springs in 2018. Love it have it on the wall in her bedroom. We went back last year to get the 4 of us done but they wanted $200. Couldn't justify that much. They are in a building down near the Earl of Sandwich.
Old 11 Jan 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Had them done in the lobby of wilderness lodge for the three kids. Really excellent.

DH and I had them done in SeaWorld. Not so excellent.

The three kids ones are framed and up. The other two never came out of the tube.

The other thing worth doing if the cart is still at Disney springs is getting a silhouette done. Super quick, much cheaper than a caricature, and there were 3/4 in the pack so easy Christmas presents for grandparents when framed. Instantly recognisable.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I actually hired an ex Disney Caricaturist to come of our villa after our wedding . We had him for two hours and he did various groups and combinations as well as individuals (and even drew Grandma in from a photo as she couldn’t be there. ) Don’t know what Disney charge per drawing but I thought $300 including decent tip for seven or eight different creations was pretty good. We still got the Disney references in the drawings.
The day before the wedding we walked past the artists in the Grand Floridian and my step daughter commented she was going to see if she could afford to get one of her kids at the end of the holiday ... I just smiled and nodded , she was thrilled the next day when she found out.
As a matter of interest what is the going rate to get one in colour onsite? I didn’t do it that way to save money but I suspect I did.

Edited at 05:23 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’ve always wanted
To have a caricature done but I hate seeing photos of myself so I might be scared to look at a caricature 😱😱

I could take a photo of Eric with me, my poor old cat who died last year, and get a sketch done of him. Actually I think I will definitely do that, I hadn’t thought of it until now.
Our guy will do postal commissions too from photos so you could have Eric immortalised for sure.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have had ours done at Disney Springs and all very good apart from one which we said looked nothing like our son so one of the other artists done it again
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
As a matter of interest what is the going rate to get one in colour onsite? I didn’t do it that way to save money but I suspect I did.
I think we spent about $50 for a colour portrait of the 2 of us. It was cheaper if you go b&w or head only and obviously if there is only 1 of you.
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038

Edited at 03:12 PM.
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Chancer
A Guest at All-Stars

artistictalentgroup/the-art-corner/
Chancer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

that is an "interesting" website - god knows what those prices will be!
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List