Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SuckingDiesel
Being a bit Goofy

Universal and Disney in eleven days?

We will be staying on-site at Disney end of April/May and we will have twelve whole days in resort. One day will be set aside for KSC as that is our absolute must see.
It will be our first visit and while we want to do the theme parks, we will also want some down time around the pool or meandering around Disney Springs and the Boardwalk area.
My son is 8 and a bit of a daredevil so is unlikely to want to go on the more babyish rides in Disney.
Will we have enough time to in 11 days to include Universal studios? How many days would we need to set aside for this? What is the best way to do it when staying on-site at Disney? Tia

Edited at 07:45 PM.
SuckingDiesel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

I’d want a minimum of 2, probably 3 days in Universal. If it’s your first trip and KSC is a must do, I’d keep universal for the next trip.
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

I think it's doable. We did 3 days at Universal: 2 between US and IoA and one at VB. That leave you 8 at Disney. Remember that waterparks can also be "downtime" at the pool for you while your son goes for it on the waterslides. Whilst you could easily spend 11 days just at Disney in my opinion, it would be a shame to miss Universal as we loved it as well.
If you don't have a car then Uber is the easiest way to do Universal I would say.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Assuming it is your first visit to both, then no if you want downtime and KSC, then I would leave Universal this time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

Rather than universal how about a day at SeaWorld
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

If it's your first visit (which it won't be ) my recommendation is to resign yourself to the fact that you can't do it all.

Make sure you plan for jet lag (very early mornings), heat and the sheer enormity of it all. We've been going since 2000 and we still haven't done everything...the beggars keep building new stuff!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

You will get plenty of opinions saying it to much for 11 days however we did all Disney parks, Universal parks, Seaworld & Busch gardens in 13 days.

Admittedly we did not go on all rides or shows etc

As our kids were about 10 we did not do the smaller rides at Disney and our kids were not interested in Character meets etc.

Universal parks have some great rides.

It might be worth checking his height to see what rides he could and couldn't do as that might make your decision easier ?
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
its defiantly doable. We’ve had 12 days on site before and done Disney and universal. We set aside two days to do both parks. You just have to go on the holiday knowing you won’t get everything done! Which is what most of us do anyway!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I would leave universal for next time, with an 8 years old, there might be some rides they're too short to ride anyway

if you still want to do it, I will suggest booking a room at RPR to get express passes and do universal for 2 days (you get express from check in to chec out)
that will even add to the cost, as it will be best to remain checked in into disney to keep the perks you might have there (like free dining for example) so you will pay for a night at two hotels at the same time

but 11 days for disney, ksc, down time at the pool, and universal is not a relaxed vacations, it's more on the commando side, and in my opinion that's trying to cram too much in too little time
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

easy doable 6 days at disney 1 at KSC & 3 at universal = 10 one day spare for your faves

one day in each main disney park say AmM/PM visits to waterparks with some downtime shopping / evening in parks theres 6 days

KSC speaks for itself

3 days universal one day in each then a mop up of favourites last day

no point in hanging about..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List