Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jan 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs_dlw
Excited about Disney

Mobile Star Wars - Boarding Group

Hello. We are returning in August this year. Last visit was August 2018. Obviously since we last went all the SW stuff is new in HS. I have been following all the news/updates on various sites and saw that, when it initially opened, guests could just go in, wander round and and queue for rides. It all seemed fairly manageable. However, I have now been reading about ‘Boarding Groups’ and people arriving at silly o’clock to get a pass...what’s this for? Is this required to access SW ‘land’ or a specific ride? If we don’t get a Boarding Pass can we still access the park/area?

Many thanks
x
Animal Kingdom Lodge / RPR - October 2015
mrs_dlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

The boarding group is just for Rise of the Resistance (ROTR). The rest of Galaxy's Edge can be entered just with your theme park ticket.
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarsar1973
Excited about Disney

The other ride in GE, is called Smugglers Run (you are fiying the Millennium Falcon! ) and this operates just a standby line. No boarding group needed but no FP available either.
Sarsar1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter is there today, 10 hours in the virtual queue for GE
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Fills me with dread hope it’s a fastpass by August!
Jaspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarsar1973
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
My daughter is there today, 10 hours in the virtual queue for GE
Do you mean for Rise of the Resistance?
Sarsar1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrs_dlw View Post
Hello. We are returning in August this year. Last visit was August 2018. Obviously since we last went all the SW stuff is new in HS. I have been following all the news/updates on various sites and saw that, when it initially opened, guests could just go in, wander round and and queue for rides. It all seemed fairly manageable. However, I have now been reading about ‘Boarding Groups’ and people arriving at silly o’clock to get a pass...what’s this for? Is this required to access SW ‘land’ or a specific ride? If we don’t get a Boarding Pass can we still access the park/area?

Many thanks
x
You are not going for quite a while, I wouldn’t give it any thought at the moment as it could have all changed by August. I am not even thinking about it and I go in April.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarsar1973 View Post
Do you mean for Rise of the Resistance?
Whatever the main ride is called, didn't take much notice of her messages to be honest. Just checked her message and it is the one you mentioned.

Anyway after a 10.5 hour wait she got on only for it to breakdown and all then had to get off, believe she was given a fast pass and rode it within half hour.

Edited at 10:16 AM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You can only get the boarding group once the park opens, so as long as you arrive a little bit before park opening you have a chance of getting a boarding group. These are randomly allocated to everyone in the park, so someone who arrives at 5.30 has the same chance as someone who arrives at 6.45 when the park opens at 7. The park has been opening at 7am so that’s why people are getting there early, I’m hoping they open a little later over he next few months when the initial excitement has reduced.
MissJRabbit is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i don't get why people say that they waited for hours to ride ROTR - it is a virtual queue allowing guests to do other things either in DHS or elsewhere providing you get back within 2 hours of being called.
I am planning to get up early to get my boarding pass then rope drop toy story land and ride everything there and around the park. Hopefully numerous times. Have some food and then ride ROTR. With luck i will be able to leave the park at a reasonable time as i would have done everything.
However the luck of the draw for BP could mean that i am in for a long "wait" so once i have done toy storyland i may head off to explore somewhere else or have a nap in my room.