Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Jan 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

ADRs - splitting up for meals?

Sorry, couldn’t think of a clear title! DH would like to occasionally eat in different places from the rest of us. The girls want to do character meals, which he’s not interested in, and he wants to have lots of curries and sushi - we’re happy to do that with him a couple of times, but not every time.

Our solution was that we’d plan a couple of meal times where I’d take the girls for a character meal, and DH can go off and have his millionth sushi meal, then we meet back up afterwards. Will it be a problem to have an ADR for three of us in one restaurant, and another ADR for DH in a different restaurant at the same time?

(I was just reading another thread where people said that you can’t have two different ADRs for your entire party at the same time. Is it the same rule even if your party is split?
We had been trying to wrap our heads around DH and I each having our own MDE accounts yesterday, but we were told it’s complicated and unnecessary, so we should just stick with my account. Would we need to do that after all?)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

From the answers to my thread, I would say yes. Then he can book his sushi and you can book the rest!
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Sorry, couldn’t think of a clear title! DH would like to occasionally eat in different places from the rest of us. The girls want to do character meals, which he’s not interested in, and he wants to have lots of curries and sushi - we’re happy to do that with him a couple of times, but not every time.

Our solution was that we’d plan a couple of meal times where I’d take the girls for a character meal, and DH can go off and have his millionth sushi meal, then we meet back up afterwards. Will it be a problem to have an ADR for three of us in one restaurant, and another ADR for DH in a different restaurant at the same time?

(I was just reading another thread where people said that you can’t have two different ADRs for your entire party at the same time. Is it the same rule even if your party is split?
We had been trying to wrap our heads around DH and I each having our own MDE accounts yesterday, but we were told it’s complicated and unnecessary, so we should just stick with my account. Would we need to do that after all?)

No you wont be able to do that, the MDE account cannot have two ADRs booked at same time. The named account holder will always be named on the ADR and cannot be removed from it. The other guests can be named from the friends and family list but they don't need to be named, they can be left as Guest 1, Guest 2, Guest 3.

It was me that said it was easier to share the user id and password than set up a second account, considering you already have everybody set up and everything linked up to the single account. However, I have never wanted to dine separately to my DH and at that point didn't know you might want to.

So in view of the fresh information, you have two options. One would be for your DH to eat in a QS when you do the character meals. Or he could set up a second MDE account. If he did that though, I would still be inclined to use it purely for the ADRs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just picking up on the curries... he's going to be sorely disappointed
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

you cannot book 2 adrs for the same time even if you split the party
if you want to eat at different places like said set up an account in dh name and book his via that.
The other option is to phone and see if they can over ride the system to allow it
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
Agree.

OP, if he decides that QS (don't need ADRs) would be fine for him then Epcot has some options he might like, sushi from Katsura Grill for example.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I am also wondering where your husband is going to find lots of curries and sushi in TS restaurants? Other than Japan in EPCOT the only other sushi place I can think of is in the Swan Hotel (not on DDP if that matters). There are some curry dishes at AKL but no British style curry places that I am aware of.

The ADR issue is easy. As suggested just have him set up a MDE account in his name. He doesn't even need to link his ticket if it is just for ADRs
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sushi at Kona is good & Morimoto Asia but other than that... obviously there is the Swolfin but they aren't on DDP
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No you wont be able to do that, the MDE account cannot have two ADRs booked at same time. The named account holder will always be named on the ADR and cannot be removed from it. The other guests can be named from the friends and family list but they don't need to be named, they can be left as Guest 1, Guest 2, Guest 3.

It was me that said it was easier to share the user id and password than set up a second account, considering you already have everybody set up and everything linked up to the single account. However, I have never wanted to dine separately to my DH and at that point didn't know you might want to.

So in view of the fresh information, you have two options. One would be for your DH to eat in a QS when you do the character meals. Or he could set up a second MDE account. If he did that though, I would still be inclined to use it purely for the ADRs.
Yes, it was such a relief that it could all go through one account, then DH came up with his sushi-and-curry master plan, and I saw LittleKezza’s thread about simultaneous ADRs

It’s TS meals he wants, so it looks like we’ll have to go to battle with two MDE accounts after all
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
I’d better warn him! Luckily it’s more about the sushi, but he did want some variety, and the AKL restaurants were next on his list.