Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jan 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FixItFelix
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney Online Check in

Not sure if anyone has had the chance to do this yet?

I spotted it while on the app earlier but not sure if there are advantages/disadvantages to checking in online?

Will your magic bands be activated and put in the room or do i still need to collect them?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated
FixItFelix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Hi

You still need to collect them. Advantage would be if you wanted to go straight to a park (early morning) and maybe already had magic bands from a previous visit or if you wanted to activate your Dinning plan without going to the hotel.

But if you need or want your manic bands you still have to visit the desk so little to no advantage.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FixItFelix
Proud to wear my Ears

Ok perfect, makes sense.

I'll hold fire and check in as normal
FixItFelix is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

We have never bothered with online check in. However I can think of a couple of times when it could have been useful, but only if we had another activated magic band with us.

Normally I have never queued to check in, but when I arrived at Caribbean Beach Resort there was quite a long queue. If I had an old magic band with me, I could have gone straight to my room and picked up the new magic bands the next morning when I went for breakfast as there was no queue

We then checked out of CBR to move to Wilderness Lodge but we decided to use bell services to transport our luggage and we went straight to Magic Kingdom. The park tickets were connected to WL booking not CBR and we found when we arrived at the park that they tickets were not valid as we had not checked into WL. We did as we were told and went to Guest Services to check in over the phone, but I think online check in would have negated that.

If it is a first time visit, or a visit with no existing and activated magic bands, no changing hotels as I was, then I see no benefit of online check in.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This is useful for us, we will have magic bands with us from our last trip and don’t mind waiting till the next morning to pick them up if there is a queue to check in.

The only thing would be, do they not need to see passports on check in for international guests? Maybe they don’t, but I know at Cabana Bay I was asked for my passport, and I used to be a receptionist at a hotel and we always needed passports.

Seems like online check in could get us into the parks quicker though, so it might be a good option for us.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

What about if you have your magic band sent in the post? Ours will be brand new but if we check in online will they be activated ready for our arrival?
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
What about if you have your magic band sent in the post? Ours will be brand new but if we check in online will they be activated ready for our arrival?
They will but you can ony get them posted from Disney to a US address.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
You can’t get them sent in the post as UK addressees.
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We could have gone straight to our room last year but didn’t know the resort and wanted to opt out of housekeeping. We’ll probably do OLCI for this year and go straight to our room collecting the MBs later.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
This is useful for us, we will have magic bands with us from our last trip and don’t mind waiting till the next morning to pick them up if there is a queue to check in.

The only thing would be, do they not need to see passports on check in for international guests? Maybe they don’t, but I know at Cabana Bay I was asked for my passport, and I used to be a receptionist at a hotel and we always needed passports.

Seems like online check in could get us into the parks quicker though, so it might be a good option for us.
I don’t recall showing any Disney hotel my passport.

Edited at 10:58 AM.