Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 20 Feb 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

The good, the bad and the tacky. Benidorm Feb 18.Day 4, do any of my clothes fit for travelling home

Thursday 15th February 2018.

I woke a little earlier, at 8 and started to pack. As we had a late flight and a hotel booked at Stansted, we could relax for the day.

Before the holiday I joined slimming world and lost just over half a stone, not much but my clothes were fitting better, so I packed my thinner clothes. Until this morning, when everything seemed a little tight, I squeezed on a top and tights.
We went for breakfast.
I was more organised today and knew what I wanted.

I also had 3 glasses of cava and orange juice.

This is the fruit section, not that I used it.

Glazed donuts.

We had spoken to reception about getting a bus or transfer home, he said the bus service was good and the bus stop was around the corner, but to buy the tickets in advance. He also got the times for us, everyone was so helpful. We also wanted to buy a few presents.
We had the scooters until midday, so why walk when you can scoot.

First was the bus stop, the ticket kiosk was inside an arcade looking place next to the bus stop. We purchased our bus tickets, 9.45 euros each. A little more than a transfer, but we liked choosing the time we wanted to leave.
The buses run every hour on the hour and take 55 minutes until 7pm, not sure what time they start though. We decided on 4pm for our 7.15pm flight home. We discussed leaving at 5, but didn't want to be stressed if we got stuck in traffic or caught up in security again.
There is only one bus stop on this street, so we knew where to come.
Onward along the seafront again.

We carried on until we came to some tacky shops. We got some magnets for Matts nieces and nephews, and a shot glass replaced the snow globes dd used to ask for. the magnets were 6 for 5 euros and the shot glass was 2 euro. I also got my mum some tobacco, which was 90 euro for 10 packs. I think the packs were 50g.
It was still quite early, so we had another ride to the old town before returning to the hotel.

We grabbed our cases and put them in the luggage room and then headed outside for our final drinks.
The weather was lovely, best day so far.

I popped back to the reception area to hand our scooter keys, but the guy wasn't waiting for me. I had to queue for reception, and as there was a hen party checking in, it did take about 15 minutes. Reception called the shop, then took the keys and gave me the deposit back.
I rejoined Matt where we enjoyed our final few hours.

The Montecarlo bar was serving cheese and wine betweem 12 and 12.30 so we had some of that.

And then some biscuits, you can help yourself to these all day.

All too soon, it was time to make our way to the bus stop. We left at 3.30 giving ourselves plenty of time. A few people were there already, the first bus that came wasn't ours, and I was starting to think a transfer was a better idea, but along came our bus just after 4.
We just made one more stop at the bus station a little out of town, and then it was straight to the airport. It took about an hour and we would use it again.
Security was empty, although my case got swabbed this time. I always feel nervous when this happens, even when I know I haven't done anything wrong.
Airport wasn't busy.

I got myself some gin miniatures, 3 bottles for 2, total 6.40 euros.
We sat down, and I got a sprite and a can of san Migel, total 6.98 euros.

I had 2 gins, and Matt had 3 beers. (Beer was 3.52 euros)
The gate was a short walk, our cases were labelled in the queue.
I told Matt to take a photo before we boarded, and to get the Ryan air symbol in so I could tweet them and try and win vouchers.

Bit of a fail, Matt looks like a mass murderer
We boarded quickly, apart from someone using the rear doors when her seat was on the front row.
Flight was fine, matt got his window seat, I finished my book.
We landed on time, and the long walk through Stansted was nicer without our cases. passport control was empty. Matt needs a new passport this year, and had difficulty using the self scan, so he had to wait for a person to ok him. The belt number was up as I exited, I waited for Matt and went over to collect our cases. Not the first ones this time, but only a 5 minute wait for them.
We popped to WHSmith for a meal deal and M and S for a sausage roll for the room.
We followed the signs to the Hampton by Hilton shuttle bus, which was easy and the bus was there waiting. We were the only ones on, and it took about 5 minutes. They are building a walkway, so that will be great when its completed.
There was a queue to check in, but didnt take too long and we were soon making our way to the room. The bar area looked nice, but we just wanted to take our tight clothes off and relax.
Back to sharing the same bed

The room was small, but clean and it was only for one night.

We put the tv on, and ate our snacks.

It wasn't a late night.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Loved your trippie.
I went to Benidorm with the girls last year and was dreading it , I had s real misconception of it .
But I really enjoyed it .
Myself & Dh have just booked a 4 day trip in April with Ryanair as well , staying at the Benidorm plaza, really looking forward to it and your trip report made me more excited .
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Loved your trippie.
I went to Benidorm with the girls last year and was dreading it , I had s real misconception of it .
But I really enjoyed it .
Myself & Dh have just booked a 4 day trip in April with Ryanair as well , staying at the Benidorm plaza, really looking forward to it and your trip report made me more excited .
Thank you, I was really surprised how lovely it was and how much there is to do. Hopefully you will have good weather. We are planning to return, dd has agreed to one last holiday before uni, so I think we will take her there.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great trip report, we've never been to Benidorm but might have to try and have a mini break there after reading this
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to write up your report - really enjoyed reading it!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great trip report, we've never been to Benidorm but might have to try and have a mini break there after reading this

Thank you for reading and your comments, it is a lovely place to visit.
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write up your report - really enjoyed reading it!
Thank you for reading and your comments. Its nice to look back on as my memory is terrible.
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Fab report, enjoyed reading it, the weather looked nice, was it warm enough to go on the beach, build sandcastles and paddle? (not for me , my little one lol)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Fab report, enjoyed reading it, the weather looked nice, was it warm enough to go on the beach, build sandcastles and paddle? (not for me , my little one lol)
Thank you. It was warm enough to sunbathe and paddle. I dont know if this is the norm for February or if we were just lucky.
We did see few people on the beach and in the sea.