Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

i like my revolut and Fairfx cards... however i am a top up on demander and always said this.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i only take cash travellers cheques no one gets me card details ever uber i have that set up in uk pay them through phone so thats safe too
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

So sorry this has happened to you, I had my pre paid credit card cloned in Orlando a few years ago, I didn’t notice anything til I used it to pay for something at the airport and it kept declining it, so I ended up paying cash. I went found sum WiFi and accessed the app and there were several transactions taken in Tampa ( we never left the Orlando area ) so knew straight away it had been cloned , it was very easy to sort I called the card company and raised the issue , all I had to do was prove I was at airport by pointe hich means all I did was copy them in on a copy of my boarding card and within a couple days the money was returned it wasnt much just about $200, but know never let my cards out of sight now
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Very sorry to hear that you have had this happen.

I'm a bit belt and braces, so money, CC (fee free) and a FairFX card, but I do what Lovesholidays does and hold most cash on a Friends and Family card which is never used, just transfer small amounts to the main card every couple of days.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am sorry to hear this OP. I hope that Fairfax are able to sort this out quickly for you. It is good that you caught it so quickly.

We use Caxton, we have done so for years without problems, so hearing this sort of feedback is concerning.

It sounds as though it has been a while since you last used the card. I am surprised by this in a way as I would have thought that stolen card details would be used sooner rather than later in case the card details changed in the interim.

Did you go to Miami too? Or so you think the numbers may have been sold on.

I have money on our caxton in advance of our summer trip and am wondering whether to ask for new cards ...
We didn’t go to Miami, just Orlando. I was surprised to see it so long after we had been too.
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
For £3 well worth getting an RFID for all your cards that have a contactless payment.
use my fairfx for holiday stuff car payments, hotel payments on line, cruise trip and boat trips etc and leave a few dollars on for meals etc. i did pile a load on at $1.52 to the pound a few years ago!
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss Mouse
Excited about Disney

Hmm...this has worried me slightly! We have used FairFX and Caxton cards before with no problem and loaded prior to the trip. However I’m now feeling a bit cautious of doing this.

Can u load with $200 say and then top up from your bank account every few days whilst you’re over there? Does this work without any issues with your bank? If so am now considering this as an option.
Miss Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Miss Mouse View Post
Hmm...this has worried me slightly! We have used FairFX and Caxton cards before with no problem and loaded prior to the trip. However I’m now feeling a bit cautious of doing this.

Can u load with $200 say and then top up from your bank account every few days whilst you’re over there? Does this work without any issues with your bank? If so am now considering this as an option.
That's what I have always done with mine. I load a base amount, then keep my eye on the balance and top it up when I need to from my bank account.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss Mouse View Post

Yes some people have said they do this. I hadn’t ever thought about being able to do this but think it’s a good option but definitely taking a credit card too. I think the key is to ensure you have at least a couple of different payment methods so you aren’t left with nothing whilst out there if something were to happen.
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Im getting unnecessarily concerned now. Got a Fairfx at $1000 and a WeSwap at $500 for Atlanta 5 nighter in May. I also have a Caxton at $250 for Disney in Sept. I intend getting cash out at ATL airport, on Fairfx but not use it for anything else. It becomes a "spare" in my safe. I will shop with WeSwap until empty, then take the remainder of Fairfx to Disney with Caxton for Walmart. Im on the Dining Plan so will use Fairfx for the bill at checkout which shouldnt be too much. This way, I shouldnt open myself up for a fall.
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List