Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Jun 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Tiffins - lunch or dinner?

We have both a lunch and dinner reservation booked at Tiffins, but need to decide which one to drop. The meal we both want, the Surf and Turf, is on both menus so either is fine in that respect. Our original booking was for lunch, but then I started to think that a signature would always be nicer on the evening? Open to any thoughts/experiences!
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did the Festival of the Lion King package, so had a lunch booking (around 12), the food wasn't particularly heavy, but we were full. Doing it again this year at lunch as we've booked the package again. TBH, I love the park in the evening, so would prefer not to be in a restaurant, but that's personal preference.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
We did the Festival of the Lion King package, so had a lunch booking (around 12), the food wasn't particularly heavy, but we were full. Doing it again this year at lunch as we've booked the package again. TBH, I love the park in the evening, so would prefer not to be in a restaurant, but that's personal preference.
I know what you mean... it is lovely at night. I hadn’t considered that package - I’ll look into it thanks
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

It was fab, we got a champagne reception, 3 course meal, amazing seats at FOTLK and private safari. You get on at the exit. There's more in for in my Trippie, the index is in my signature, it was the Wishing on Star trip
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
was the menu the same for this package as the normal one or a set menu? Did you do it on the dining plan? thanks
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We didn't have the dining plan, I think the tier 2 package is available on the dining plan (not 100% though). T2 is the same except you don't get the private safari. I think most menu items were available, we had the charcuterie board, beef and cheesecake. Sorry I can't help with the dining plan, we are DVC and it doesn't make sense to purchase it.
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I’ve had a look into it and tier two is included on the dining plan. I’d definitely book it if anyone could confirm you could get the surf and turf as a main?
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We have both a lunch and dinner reservation booked at Tiffins, but need to decide which one to drop. The meal we both want, the Surf and Turf, is on both menus so either is fine in that respect. Our original booking was for lunch, but then I started to think that a signature would always be nicer on the evening? Open to any thoughts/experiences!
I would generally prefer a signature in the evening, although I am toying with one at lunchtime on next trip as we are going st a hotter time of year than normal and I think it could be a welcome respite.

We went to Tiffins last trip for an early dinner, finishing up for 8pm and then straight to the AK after hours event. Fabulous evening. DH had surf and turf too and it was good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would generally prefer a signature in the evening, although I am toying with one at lunchtime on next trip as we are going st a hotter time of year than normal and I think it could be a welcome respite.

We went to Tiffins last trip for an early dinner, finishing up for 8pm and then straight to the AK after hours event. Fabulous evening. DH had surf and turf too and it was good.
Thanks glad to hear it was good. We can’t wait to try it!
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know if the surf and turf is included in the DDP? Thanks!