Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jun 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

If they were letting everyone ride twice then maybe they should've stopped that and the queue would have "only" been 7.5 hours

Only opening day ride I ever did was Despicable Me and that was about 45 minutes!
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachhh View Post
After close to 15 hours of queueing I got on at about 10pm and rode it twice, wow, incredible! I’ll share more details tomorrow but for now, I’m exhausted!
😱 respect to you! So glad you got to ride it twice after that mammoth queue! I am so incredibly excited about this ride,and desperately trying to watch vlogs without spoilers - it’s hard! 😂
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

After close to 15 hours of queueing I got on at about 10pm and rode it twice, wow, incredible! I’ll share more details tomorrow but for now, I’m exhausted!
Well done, I am really sure I could not have done that. Did you do it once in the sidecar and once on the bike? How did you get to go on twice? Maybe the queue would have gone quicker had they only let people ride once.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Does anyone know when the ride stopped going then like how long after closing time? I was in burger king upstairs in city walk about 9.30 pm Florida time and e edy now and again waves of ppl wearing HP clothes would come in as if they'd maybe just come off the ride.
Hoping for virtual line today!
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Going by what was on Twitter etc, it sounds like they didn't let everyone ride twice. After they closed the queue at 8pm, maybe they let people who had been there 10 plus hours the opportunity to?

While I wouldn't wait that long, I admire the people that did as it sounds like they all had a good time in what would be a long, hot and tiring day.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jewels1207 View Post
Does anyone know when the ride stopped going then like how long after closing time?
As I mentioned earlier, it was reported online that the wait time was still around 200 minutes when the park officially closed.

Assuming that's correct, the ride would've finally stopped going sometime after midnight.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sospan View Post
Guests with waist over 40inches not allowed on ride?
Have there been any updates on this? I know my youngest will want to ride this (probably not my eldest, as she’s a ride wimp like me!) I was planning to just send her on with DH, but if this is right, he won’t be allowed on.

Don’t know whether it would feel worse for me to go on the ride, or to disappoint DD by refusing to take her on so really hoping this isn’t right.

...or maybe I could go on a put-weight-on diet and get my own waist over 40 inches by next year, then I won’t be allowed either, and I won’t have to make that decision
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemnjam
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
If they were letting everyone ride twice then maybe they should've stopped that and the queue would have "only" been 7.5 hours

Only opening day ride I ever did was Despicable Me and that was about 45 minutes!
I don't think that they did - I saw a post on another group on Facebook from someone called Rachel who said they had been queuing for 14.5hrs and rode twice and I am assuming that it was the same person. She got to go twice as a family in the queue 'adopted' her and they were using rider switch
Gemnjam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachhh
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi all, just back to share the full story of the ride queue, I wrote this for a blog on a fb group I’m on, hopefully some will find it useful and yes, my queue time probably was off a bit, I lost my maths skills at around hour 10

Day 13 - IOA - Hagrid Ride Opening Day

As I’d now been around all the parks I had tickets for and done all the rides I wanted to do, I had a ‘spare’ day that coincided with the opening of the hagrid ride! So I though why not?! I’ve never done an attraction opening day before, had nothing better to do and the ride looked incredible!

Now if I’d known how early people started queueing, I would have been up and at the park earlier but as I didn’t, I arrived and got in the queue just before 8am. Universal employees were quite clearly warning those of us joining that we were in for an 8 hour wait and so quite a few changed their minds. I was not one of these, 8 hours is just a working day, I can take that amount of boredom and monotony like a pro 😂

The queue moved gradually for a few hours, from the entrance around to Seuss land, behind the scenes of Poseidon and sinbad, which was quite interesting to see! There were food and drink stands along the way and you could leave the queue for bathroom breaks. Everyone was in good spirits and I got chatting to the people around me and made friends. It drizzled quite a lot with intermittent sunshine and the bearable weather definitely helped us!

At about 4pm, we finally got to Hogsmeade and I put my belongings in the locked then headed on to the ride entrance. The ride had had a few stops throughout the day for weather and so we all knew we were behind schedule but after so long waiting, everyone was dedicated to that ride. The family in front had 2 young twin boys who were taking it like champs, even though one has sensory issues. If they could do it, I sure as hell wasn’t giving up 😁

We were in the ride entrance with an estimated time from there of 2-3 hours. After about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, we made it into the building and into the pre-show. The pre-show was good but I think it was a bit too early on in the queue and should be closer to actually boarding.

After this, disaster struck and the ride broke down. We were inside with no natural light so unsure as to whether it was due to the weather but I suspect not. This is where it got really tough, no staff, no light, no water and no toilets. But everyone rallied around to support each other, we sang songs, told jokes and helped each other out! We could go out for toilet breaks but that involved climbing back through the queue (everyone was sat on the floor) which was a night mare! We ended up stuck in that cave queue for 1 hour 45 mins. I think many people would have left had it not been for the great atmosphere and support everyone gave to one another.

The only info we got from staff during this time was from a line counter saying that there were still 500 people ahead of us for the ride! Finally, to much applause and cheering, the ride was back up!

We had to wait about an hour from there then finally, it was our turn! I rode the sidecar with one of my line friends and wow, the ride is completely incredible... the best roller coaster I have been on, and I’ve been on a fair few. It’s actually a surprisingly long ride, with some unexpected twists and lots of launches. I actually did feel that it was worth the wait, as did the others in our little queue group!

Then, after we got off, the mum of our group, with the 2 boys took us all on as her party for rider switch as she had practically adopted us over the last many hours. The much cheering, hugging and excitement as we walked through for the second time, an amazing high. We hopped on and I got to go on the bike this time! I liked the bike better, you actually feel like you’re riding it around the coaster! And the ride was every bit as good the second time around!

When we all finally got off, it was just after half 10 and we were all wiped and so said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I could not have asked for better line buddies for the day!

I was starving after that day and so went to bubba gump for a lava cocktail (yum), shrimp mac and cheese (yum) and mozzarella sticks (not so good). Back to the hotel after via Lyft and got back about half past midnight.

Now a whole day of queueing isn’t for everyone but I had nothing better that I wanted to do, really enjoyed my day and got to ride an incredible ride... so to me it was worth it 😁

Today I’m doing some packing then off to magical kingdom this evening to say my goodbyes 😭
Rachhh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Hi all, just back to share the full story of the ride queue, I wrote this for a blog on a fb group I’m on, hopefully some will find it useful and yes, my queue time probably was off a bit, I lost my maths skills at around hour 10

Day 13 - IOA - Hagrid Ride Opening Day

As I’d now been around all the parks I had tickets for and done all the rides I wanted to do, I had a ‘spare’ day that coincided with the opening of the hagrid ride! So I though why not?! I’ve never done an attraction opening day before, had nothing better to do and the ride looked incredible!

Now if I’d known how early people started queueing, I would have been up and at the park earlier but as I didn’t, I arrived and got in the queue just before 8am. Universal employees were quite clearly warning those of us joining that we were in for an 8 hour wait and so quite a few changed their minds. I was not one of these, 8 hours is just a working day, I can take that amount of boredom and monotony like a pro 😂

The queue moved gradually for a few hours, from the entrance around to Seuss land, behind the scenes of Poseidon and sinbad, which was quite interesting to see! There were food and drink stands along the way and you could leave the queue for bathroom breaks. Everyone was in good spirits and I got chatting to the people around me and made friends. It drizzled quite a lot with intermittent sunshine and the bearable weather definitely helped us!

At about 4pm, we finally got to Hogsmeade and I put my belongings in the locked then headed on to the ride entrance. The ride had had a few stops throughout the day for weather and so we all knew we were behind schedule but after so long waiting, everyone was dedicated to that ride. The family in front had 2 young twin boys who were taking it like champs, even though one has sensory issues. If they could do it, I sure as hell wasn’t giving up 😁

We were in the ride entrance with an estimated time from there of 2-3 hours. After about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, we made it into the building and into the pre-show. The pre-show was good but I think it was a bit too early on in the queue and should be closer to actually boarding.

After this, disaster struck and the ride broke down. We were inside with no natural light so unsure as to whether it was due to the weather but I suspect not. This is where it got really tough, no staff, no light, no water and no toilets. But everyone rallied around to support each other, we sang songs, told jokes and helped each other out! We could go out for toilet breaks but that involved climbing back through the queue (everyone was sat on the floor) which was a night mare! We ended up stuck in that cave queue for 1 hour 45 mins. I think many people would have left had it not been for the great atmosphere and support everyone gave to one another.

The only info we got from staff during this time was from a line counter saying that there were still 500 people ahead of us for the ride! Finally, to much applause and cheering, the ride was back up!

We had to wait about an hour from there then finally, it was our turn! I rode the sidecar with one of my line friends and wow, the ride is completely incredible... the best roller coaster I have been on, and I’ve been on a fair few. It’s actually a surprisingly long ride, with some unexpected twists and lots of launches. I actually did feel that it was worth the wait, as did the others in our little queue group!

Then, after we got off, the mum of our group, with the 2 boys took us all on as her party for rider switch as she had practically adopted us over the last many hours. The much cheering, hugging and excitement as we walked through for the second time, an amazing high. We hopped on and I got to go on the bike this time! I liked the bike better, you actually feel like you’re riding it around the coaster! And the ride was every bit as good the second time around!

When we all finally got off, it was just after half 10 and we were all wiped and so said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I could not have asked for better line buddies for the day!

I was starving after that day and so went to bubba gump for a lava cocktail (yum), shrimp mac and cheese (yum) and mozzarella sticks (not so good). Back to the hotel after via Lyft and got back about half past midnight.

Now a whole day of queueing isn’t for everyone but I had nothing better that I wanted to do, really enjoyed my day and got to ride an incredible ride... so to me it was worth it 😁

Today I’m doing some packing then off to magical kingdom this evening to say my goodbyes 😭
Thanks for sharing

Like you say it must have been tough queueing up all day, but definitely worth it for the once in a lifetime experience... Not just the ride but the actual queue experience with everyone else!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List