Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This comment is exactly why I have gone from panic mode to chilled about our break post SWGE opening ... apologies to the poster but the opening in California has been calm, controlled and barely no impact on other areas of the parks... I’m not saying Orlando will be the same, probably far from it ... but I am confident Disney will control it so to maintain the magic

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
i would be in different state lol no id stay clear if california was anything to go bye that was chaotic and so crammed
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for this tip. I just managed to get an adr at Hollywood and Vine for 9 am. Will we be guaranteed to get in?
So it doesn't guarantee no but it gives you more chance. Disney shutting down a park works in stages and basically ADR people are one of the final stages for shut down. If it reaches capacity then it will start running threw the shut down stages but it is rare a park will reach the last stage where ADRs get cancelled. That said, I think we might reach this stage on the 29th as I think there is going to be chaos but who knows for sure.

This explains the shut down policy - touringplans/walt-disney...acity-closures and an ADR would mean you would be still admitted up to and including Stage 3 closure. A Stage 4 closure is the rarest kind and is what I suspect will happen on the 29th but no one can really predict.

Edited at 08:34 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We also have some adrs booked as a back up to get into the park in the first few days. I can only imagine it will be crazy though and not sure we will even attempt it. I wish they had used some kind d of reservation system like they have in California. We can't even benefit from 6am extra magic hours for onsite only as we leave to come home on the 1st.
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If people really do plan on queuing from the night before Disney will need to have something in place to control that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

This pretty much sums it up

toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
We also have some adrs booked as a back up to get into the park in the first few days. I can only imagine it will be crazy though and not sure we will even attempt it. I wish they had used some kind d of reservation system like they have in California. We can't even benefit from 6am extra magic hours for onsite only as we leave to come home on the 1st.
I think the problem with reservations in Disneyworld is there are far too many hotel rooms compared to Disneyland, there are too many to give everyone a reservation, the idea is to keep the crowds Down, giving extra extra magic hours gives people a choice and hopefully will spread the crowds out!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by guinness_79 View Post
apologies to the poster but the opening in California has been calm, controlled and barely no impact on other areas of the parks...
Although it was relatively calm and controlled, there were still large queues to get into the land and into things like Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina as well as large numbers of people in the land itself. It's why Disney later introduced an additional reservation system at some of these "attractions". See here for some photos:

polygon/2019/6/2/186...d-galaxys-edge

But, yes, the rest of the park was pretty quiet though.

Of course, the big difference between California and Florida is that at California guests had to have booked a reservation that lasted 4 hours to get into Galaxy's Edge. That's not happening at HS in Florida. Therefore, the numbers of guests heading to GE on opening day is not going to be as controlled by Disney (and therefore probably not as calm) as it was in California.

To the OP, I'd probably stay well clear of HS on opening day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lets compare: On Hagrid's opening they had to close the park when the queue reached the Hulk Coaster, people queued 14 hours, do you think GE will be as mad as that? I certainly do, I'm not sure their "free for all " policy for WDW is going to work but great if it does.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Getyogrooveon
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hall family View Post
We fly out at 22-50 that day. Would you chance going to Hollywood Studios that day to see the new land or would you stay well clear..Thankyou.
In the same boat, fly home on 29th and on Dublin flight so leaving very late. Would love to be able to say was there in opening day. Think we are going to try...
05.92 Newport Bay - DLP / 09.01 Santa Fe - DLP /11.03 Cheyenne - DLP / 11.05 Sequoia Lodge - DLP / 11.06 Cheyenne - DLP / 11.07 Cheyenne - DLP / 12.08 Cheyenne DLP / 08.10 SSR - WDW / 11.10 Cheyenne - DLP / 08.12 OKW -WDW / 12.13 Cheyenne - DLP / 08.15 SSR - WDW / 07.16 Cheyenne - DLP / 08.17 OKW - WDW / 08.19 CSR - WDW & RPR - Universal / 10.23 DL Sheraton Park / 08.24 POR - WDW
Getyogrooveon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Getyogrooveon View Post
In the same boat, fly home on 29th and on Dublin flight so leaving very late. Would love to be able to say was there in opening day. Think we are going to try...
The 29th is our last full day. We really want to try to get in, won’t queue to ride, but ds11 is desperate to have a look. We will be offsite at that point, so will just get there super early. Don’t mind if it’s rammed, just want a little look.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List