Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jul 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have been together almost 40yrs, married for 28yrs, (took us a while )

We have just grown together, had good and bad times, the bad times I think made us closer, it would of been easy at times for either one of us to just walk away, but we didn't we stuck it out. We don't have to put on a show for each other, we just take us as we are.

I cant imagine either of us without the other, he drives me crazy at times and I him but we wouldn't be without each other.

Marriage isn't easy and far to many just seem to end it too easily, but some things are worth working for.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We have been married 52yrs, he drives me mad! He is so disorganised and his time management is dire! I guess I drive him mad by micromanaging time. Still, we are together and still visiting Florida, the one place I go with the flow. Neither of us are lovey dovey etc.!
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We have been married 52yrs, he drives me mad! He is so disorganised and his time management is dire! I guess I drive him mad by micromanaging time. Still, we are together and still visiting Florida, the one place I go with the flow. Neither of us are lovey dovey etc.!
GG

We must be very close - 25/2/67 for us.

Mick
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
GG

We must be very close - 25/2/67 for us.

Mick
28/01/67,

It does go quickly doesn't it?
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Been together 23 years married 21 later this year we didnt hang about...

had ups & downs & in many ways we are polar opposites, my mrs is for ever micoromanaging everything cant go/do anything without every minute detail being planned/sorted. drives me nuts... I more go with the flow, turn up see whats going on...

but its works for us

we dont share a 'hobby' or musical interests etc ... we even follow fierce rival football teams but its my ying to her yang...

neither of us is lovey dovey/send valentines cards etc etc but hey 21 years so we must be doing something right...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Been together 23 years married 21 later this year we didnt hang about...

had ups & downs & in many ways we are polar opposites, my mrs is for ever micoromanaging everything cant go/do anything without every minute detail being planned/sorted. drives me nuts... I more go with the flow, turn up see whats going on...

but its works for us

we dont share a 'hobby' or musical interests etc ... we even follow fierce rival football teams but its my ying to her yang...

neither of us is lovey dovey/send valentines cards etc etc but hey 21 years so we must be doing something right...
My husband could have wrote this but we re a few years ahead of you lol...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Married 14 years, still bonkers about each other. Been through difficult times with health, finance, jobs, family etc, pretty much like everyone else - but it’s only served to bring us closer together.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Wonder if I`m a Dibb record holder ,been engaged for 30 years ...
Think the pair of us are just to lazy to organize a wedding

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Well Mrs T and myself have been married 45 years, have 2 sons and 4 grandchildren who live in the same town. Little George is a star in the sky and keeps an eye on us every day!

Not sure about the secret of a long marriage/relationship. We are all different. We laugh together, we cry together. Yes we disagree on things but not that often. At my time of life all I want is an easy time.

We are now both retired and spend an awful lot of our time planning holidays. Holidays that we both enjoy and have enjoyed for many years.

Have tried holidays with friends but for some reason it didn't work but we are still friends!

Give and take is a good recipe for staying together. Yes times have been hard and in the early days money was tight but we got by. We only bought something when we could afford it, something the youngsters nowadays don't seem to grasp very well!

We enjoy each other company which after 45 years is rather helpful. Our interests are not exactly the same. I love my sport, Mrs T loves her soaps and reality TV so it helps we have 2 TVs! So no threats of a divorce for keeping hold of the remote.

Its an uncertain world we live in now and personally I would not want to be young anymore. Tough times ahead both here and all over the world.

So fellow dibbers, take care of each other, a bit of give and take. But most of all be happy!