Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

It depends on the length of stay for us. We usually only do 5 nights so opt out and the $40 buys a meal for us. This time we’re staying 9 nights so I’m more inclined to take it as don’t want unchanged sheets for 9 nights in that Florida heat lol
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JUST_MORE_MAGIC
Getting to know the DIBB

We are hoping to opt-out next year but I will be interested in finding out how people manage without it.
JUST_MORE_MAGIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We always make our own bed and leave the room tidy so we did opt out of mouse keeping last October. We found it was easy to get extra sundries when we needed them and to change sheets and towels. Would do it again especially as we were out so much and did not really eat in the room so no crumbs dropped on the carpet.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Definitely a keeper for us. We are really tidy as two weeks with three or four of us in a room would do my head in if we made a mess. We make the beds and tidy up before leaving the room every day. But no loo, bath or sinks cleaned for two weeks. Eww 😷
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Already have $300 gift card so will be keeping housekeeping. I think those floors in Coronado will be a bit sandy and sticky after a week.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
love2plan
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We were 3ad 1ch at CBR for 10 nights last August and we opted out of mousekeeping for $90. We got fresh towels whenever we requested them and they still took our rubbish. I would opt again any day
love2plan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Let's all keep the cleaning
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

I like coming back to a nice clean room, would want the bathroom and sinks cleaned and floors , I wouldn’t want to be phoning and waiting for supplies or bags of rubbish being removed so keeping it 😁
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Hubby is very ken to opt out as on top of the $130 gift card it saves us $5 per day ($70)in tips so actually works out at $200 saving.

Just wondering those who have opted out, have you managed to get a mid stay clean?
I understand this would cost $10 (plus tip)

Also when you request fresh bedding, do they make the bed up for you or just leave you a pile of bedding to do it yourself?

I'm guessing when you request fresh towels, loo roll etc they will just pop by and leave it for you, so you don't have to stay in and wait?

Thanks in advance xx
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Thanks all for your replies. A lot of pros and cons and I suppose it’s down to the individual. We are both very tidy people and would always make the bed ourselves. It’s more do we really want to take cleaning stuff with us to clean the bathroom. The $140 is tempting though
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List