Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jul 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I'm resurrecting this as I was wondering what the OP decided to do in the end?

I tried the Tempur Hybrid a few weeks ago, and loved it. I can get the Supreme version for £1800 which is such a lot of money, but there are limited options for trying beds here.
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I'm resurrecting this as I was wondering what the OP decided to do in the end?

I tried the Tempur Hybrid a few weeks ago, and loved it. I can get the Supreme version for £1800 which is such a lot of money, but there are limited options for trying beds here.
OP here, in the end we could not afford or justify buying on credit a Tempur! The one we loved was the Deluxe or Elite cloud and it's about £3k so totally unrealistic.

But we also couldn't find another mattress we both liked in budget, as nothing felt as nice. In the end my mum was getting rid of her spare bed which was a lot newer than ours so we have that for now!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
OP here, in the end we could not afford or justify buying on credit a Tempur! The one we loved was the Deluxe or Elite cloud and it's about £3k so totally unrealistic.

But we also couldn't find another mattress we both liked in budget, as nothing felt as nice. In the end my mum was getting rid of her spare bed which was a lot newer than ours so we have that for now!
Thanks for replying. I'm glad you've found a short term solution. They are crazy money aren't they? Furniture Village have some good deals on currently.
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

I always find the Hypnos beds in Premier Inns very comfortable. I believe they're available from certain retailers or from Premier themselves (new ones that is! Not second hand!)
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
I always find the Hypnos beds in Premier Inns very comfortable. I believe they're available from certain retailers or from Premier themselves (new ones that is! Not second hand!)
lots of retailers sell Hypnos matresses now, including Dreams. You can, as prugone says, buy direct from Premier Inn too -

premierinn/gb/en/why...6bf0196c03d789
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
lots of retailers sell Hypnos matresses now, including Dreams. You can, as prugone says, buy direct from Premier Inn too -

premierinn/gb/en/why...6bf0196c03d789
That's actually quite reasonably priced!

We loved the bed on a cruise once and they had a similar thing where you could buy one- but it was like £10k!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Hypnos are also subjective I hate our pillow top one it’s just too hot for me , but I am of a certain age !
Dh likes it , sometimes to go in the spare room if it’s too hot or I have to work early and the £200 Argos one we have on there suits me fine !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We have an ergoflex mattress, Dibbers recommendation! I’ve not tried the tempur ones, like you they are way over budget. The ergoflex is very comfortable and we miss it when we are on holiday 😀
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at Mammouth mattresses. They are vented foam so you don’t get as hot. Lots of athletes used them and if you have any back issues you have treatment for then you will not pay VAT on the mattresses. It’s the best thing we ever bought to solve dh’s back problems. So comfortable, I don’t think we would ever move away from this brand now.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List