Notices

Old 3 Jul 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m going to keep an eye on prices for car hire and if I see something I can’t resist I’ll change it because I do worry about no car! If not though it’ll be a trial run for next year where I’m also damned if I’m paying that flaming parking charge! Although we may hire for a few days .

What are your plans for next year?
Next year we're going with mum again We had actually booked flights for mid-October prior to free dining being announced so sadly no dining plan for us. We're doing a split stay with 8 nights at POFQ then 6 nights at the Boardwalk.

With free dining not available to us I wanted to rent DVC points but mum didn't want to wait until 11 months out

We'll definitely have a car next year regardless of the parking charges as Mum wants one I'm not particularly happy about this as we won't need it at the Boardwalk so not only will we be paying for a car we won't be using, we'll be paying to park it
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Next year we're going with mum again We had actually booked flights for mid-October prior to free dining being announced so sadly no dining plan for us. We're doing a split stay with 8 nights at POFQ then 6 nights at the Boardwalk.

With free dining not available to us I wanted to rent DVC points but mum didn't want to wait until 11 months out

We'll definitely have a car next year regardless of the parking charges as Mum wants one I'm not particularly happy about this as we won't need it at the Boardwalk so not only will we be paying for a car we won't be using, we'll be paying to park it
At least with no free dining you can do a split stay so there’s that bonus.

It’s a bit frustrating when not everyone agrees! Apparently my Mum has told Marie that next time they come she doesn’t think we should bother with a car as Disney transport is fine. She didn’t use any but the boat to DS once or twice! I’m still in two minds. Even at the Boardwalk last year it was handy for Walmart, outlets etc but in reality we could have managed without it. With no free dining you may find you eat offsite more though so the car may be a blessing?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
At least with no free dining you can do a split stay so there’s that bonus.

It’s a bit frustrating when not everyone agrees! Apparently my Mum has told Marie that next time they come she doesn’t think we should bother with a car as Disney transport is fine. She didn’t use any but the boat to DS once or twice! I’m still in two minds. Even at the Boardwalk last year it was handy for Walmart, outlets etc but in reality we could have managed without it. With no free dining you may find you eat offsite more though so the car may be a blessing?
Oh the bless innocence of your mum. I'd bet it was boat to DS at a quieter time of day too, they are a nightmare in the evenings! My mum keeps romanticising about getting the boat from POFQ to go out for dinner but I'll be hopping in the car.

The plan was to mostly eat offsite but you know what I am like, I just get carried away

We have separate rooms and my current plan is to get DxDP for Nik and I then share the credits between the three of us. It's £1,375 for 48 TS credits so I think we would get decent value out of it. That would just be at FQ as that's the stay our tickets are with.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Oh the bless innocence of your mum. I'd bet it was boat to DS at a quieter time of day too, they are a nightmare in the evenings! My mum keeps romanticising about getting the boat from POFQ to go out for dinner but I'll be hopping in the car.

The plan was to mostly eat offsite but you know what I am like, I just get carried away

We have separate rooms and my current plan is to get DxDP for Nik and I then share the credits between the three of us. It's £1,375 for 48 TS credits so I think we would get decent value out of it. That would just be at FQ as that's the stay our tickets are with.
Yes that’s a good idea. You’ll still have the snacks too so I doubt you’ll pay for too much OOP. Plus you could make someone just have a starter .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Did you notice my countdown? We've moved to CSR for October.
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You're so naughty what happened to the all stars?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You're so naughty what happened to the all stars?
It was £274 cheaper to move, can you believe it!? And we get the $200 gift card now. I've let common sense get in the way of my 'new resort' rule.

I am sad not to be at All Stars but we'll get there. I wanted CBR but no availability boo.
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I'm kind of pleased that CBR is so popular there is no availability! You're right given it was a saving it's a good choice to move. I think this trip is the trip of many changes. I can barely keep up!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
No I hadn’t noticed! Makes sense though with you getting DDP. I had priced up a value plus upgrading vs a moderate and by the time you add in the gift card I felt the moderate was a better deal. Plus the values are fine for a room to sleep in but CSR looks fab.

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Jul 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Sorry guys, I caved and have booked car hire for the full trip . I just keep thinking this is the last trip we’ll have free parking and I want to take advantage of that. No car next year though!

Trip Report Index