Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jul 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question reducing scar pain while healing?

I has surgery a couple of week ago and while things are healing ok my scars have become really painful the last week or so they are super sensitive to even the lightest touch and I keep getting a sharp stabbing pain when I move the area. I have been told its the nerves adjusting and it should settle they will check at my post op check in in a few weeks but any suggestions on how to reduce the pain in the meantime?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

It may be a good idea to get your gp to have a look at your wound. They will be able to suggest a cream etc. Is it red looking or hot to touch. If your in a lot of pain and have no allergies to it then paracetamol should help you.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

After my surgery I was taking pain killers for around 6 weeks afterwards, 4 times daily. The hospital told me that prevention of pain was the aim rather than relieving it when it came on. If you can take them, keep up with pain relief; see your go or contact the hospital ward for advice. Good luck - wishing you very speedy recovery and sending hugs xx
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Bio oil helped me. I have a 20cm scar down my front from surgery at Xmas. About two weeks in it was horrendous. It was so sensitive I couldn’t have anything touching it, and had to use pillows around me at night to keep the duvet off it. It was like I had needles under my skin and I was on fire. Apparently it was the nerve endings . It was horrible for some time. But it did pass. Even now my scar sometimes feels like it’s burning if I stretch too much. I still massage the oil into it everyday to help it . I had fairly hefty prescription painkillers that helped.

Good luck with your recovery
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cica sheet. I cannot believe how it’s helped my scar and reduced it dramatically . Even my surgeon is impressed as they’ve only just started giving it to patients . You can get it from amazon .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Cica sheet. I cannot believe how it’s helped my scar and reduced it dramatically . Even my surgeon is impressed as they’ve only just started giving it to patients . You can get it from amazon .
Hope you find something OP. I looked at that Circa stuff on Amazon as I am due to have a tumour removed from my jaw area (hopefully after our holiday) scar will be round ear n down neck would that stuff be ok for round that area Mexy02?
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely, cica-care is brilliant. The sooner you can get it on the better.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

Scars need months to settle. In some cases up to 18 months. They are very sensitive to start with and the best way of improving that is to massage them. It feels very unpleasant at first but will settle, you just have to push through it. Massage in small circles rather than along or across. It’s better for the scar. By touching the scar you gradually desensitise it. You should use a moisturiser that is uncoloured and unperfumed. Bio oil is fine but doesn’t work any better than other cheaper products, such as good old fashioned Nivea, it’s the massage that does the good rather than what you massage it with. Hope this helps, I’ve worked in skin care/ plastic surgery for 35 years.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

thanks for the replies

I'll def give this a try
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

I used Bio oil, cocoa butter, Shea butter lotion to soften the skin and reduce redness. For the pain codeine and paracetamol but I’m sure a chemist can advise better if you want a numbing cream. I also used Asda Little Angels sensitive baby wipes to keep the clean for the first month.
My scars are now barely visible they just look like the natural crease lines of my joints

Edited at 09:07 PM.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List