Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jul 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Mousekeeping yay or nay?

Hi all,

Please let me know what your preferences and why. Can’t make our minds up at the mo.

Thanks
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I prefer to keep it. Even when it was just me on my solo trip I still had it. I like coming back to a made bed etc. We don't even make much mess but for me the amount they give you isn't worth it, it's part of staying in a hotel for me. I do understand why people take the cash instead, it's just personal preference.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

How much do you get back?
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

$10 a night not including your first night so if it was a 7 night stay they email you a voucher for $60. I believe this is right, i'm sure someone will have the right information if i'm not

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

You get 10 dollars on a gift card per night minus one. So 7 nights you get 60 dollars. We’re going to do it as a lot of the time in hotels we put the do not disturb sign on the door anyway as we prefer no one going into our room (they do still have to do security checks though). If we were staying for longer it might be different but over a week I think we should be fine, and can collect any towels/toilet roll when needed.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Even though there are only 2 of us, and we're tidy we'd always keep it. I wouldn't want to be in an unhoovered and cleaned room for 2 weeks, or to go and ask for bedding to make the beds up, or find fresh towels every couple of days, or take our own rubbish out. I go on holiday for a rest from housework
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The last time I opted for no mousekeeping I got back $10/day in the form of a gift voucher (less one day because you do get mousekeeping at start of stay).

I'll always opt for no mousekeeping whenever possible. I keep my room neat/clean enough that it doesn't need to be cleaned daily. Also even in regular hotels I'll often stick a do not disturb sign on the door some days to opt out of housekeeping (mainly as this lets me leave my stuff out without worrying about them getting moved around).
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We would get $140 but have decided to keep housekeeping. We like coming back to a clean room and the bed made etc. I couldn’t be bothered with calling housekeeping every time we needed loo roll or having rubbish lying about. We’re pretty lazy at the best of times, I’m most definitely not cleaning on holiday. The gift card was tempting for a while but not tempting enough.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I always make the bed and tidy up anyway so I will be opting out. I like the idea of leaving our things out and not worrying.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We'll be opting out again, Disney's an expensive place need all the $ we can get.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List