Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
This is the case almost anywhere.

What you can't do is order online and then head straight down to get your money, you have to order at least a day in advance.

We take such a small amount of cash with us I never bother with pre-ordering. I picked up £200 worth in Tesco a few days ago as I happened to be in there. Probably cost me $4-5, but against a holiday costing well into five figures, that's neither here nor there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I check the rate on my phone while I wait in the queue and Morrisons/Debenhams always honour the rate in store.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i assumed this was common knowledge nowadays?

ALWAYS book your money online for collection. even if you are stood in the foyer of the shop you want to buy from!
I didnt know lol.
Tbf we load cards rather than cash..
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
I didnt know lol.
Tbf we load cards rather than cash..
yeah, in the US i maybe spend $150 in cash over a 2 week period. the cards get used for everything

the same rules also applies to car hire... you almost always get a better rate online than in person, even if you are stood outside alamo, book it on your phone and walk in, rather than asking at the desk!
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Tesco wont match their own online rate but will match any other within a 3 mile radius, always be prepared. Also if you have a tesco credit card theres no charge to buy currency.
Old 18 Jul 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

I only found out today that you don't get charged if you use your Tesco CC.

I also rang today to query a £39.90 transaction fee on my Tesco CC which I was told was the charge for using my CC to pay for the currency I put onto my currency card that I was 'sold' by Tesco's. I was informed that although the card was done in Tesco's it is not Tesco's but Mastercards and Tesco charge a fee for loading it up with currency, also they charge interest on the amount of money that I put on the CC until my statement date which is 25th of this month.

I was absolutely horrified to discover this the person I spoke with at Tesco CC says that this is all detailed on the back of the CC statement, you know the small print, they have agreed to waive the fee and the interest on this occasion as its a 'first offence' but its noted and if I do it again they will not waive anything. I will not be doing this again.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I was planning to draw cash out of the bank and buy $ directly in store, is that not the best way to do it, I presumed that ordering online needs to be done with a card not payment when collecting ? I was hoping to avoid card fees. We would be looking to exchange around £1000.

Thoughts please anyone, I would probably use John Lewis, Tui or TC
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
I was planning to draw cash out of the bank and buy $ directly in store, is that not the best way to do it, I presumed that ordering online needs to be done with a card not payment when collecting ? I was hoping to avoid card fees. We would be looking to exchange around £1000.

Thoughts please anyone, I would probably use John Lewis, Tui or TC
With John Lewis, you can order online and pay with your bank card - then collect in your local waitrose or JL, I don’t know how the online rate compares with the instore, but the online rate is usually most competitive!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
With John Lewis, you can order online and pay with your bank card - then collect in your local waitrose or JL, I don’t know how the online rate compares with the instore, but the online rate is usually most competitive!
Thanks but I assumed it would cost me extra to pay on my card ?
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

We also do the same at Debenhams!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List