Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck Bertiebear!
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I paid private 14 years ago as I was in such a state with endo and it was affecting the chances of me getting pregnant, I had what was called a LUNA? It was basically laser treatment to remove the endo and burn my nerve endings so not to feel the pain, I was warned it could all grow back. I was having 6 weeks of very heavy periods, anaemia etc.
The last year I’ve noticed a difference it’s returning but I’ve been happy with 14 years of normality 😂🙈
My mum also suffered terribly and had a hysterectomy at 32.
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

I had a microwave ablation 15 years ago.it worked perfectly and I had no ill effects and felt the best I had in years within a few months as I was no longer so dreadfully tired from anaemia and no longer suffering embarrassment at work having to rush to the loo! The alternative would have been a hysterectomy but the consultant had just been trained to do ablations and I asked if she would do that instead. Think she was pleased to have a willing guinea pig
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor

Edited at 10:49 PM.
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I had this done 5 years ago and it has been one of the best things I have chosen to do! The only thing I would say is that I am now getting pain again when I presume I would have been having a period. Compared to the heavy bleeding I used to get I can cope with the pain and haven't had any bleeding since the ablation x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
I had this done 5 years ago and it has been one of the best things I have chosen to do! The only thing I would say is that I am now getting pain again when I presume I would have been having a period. Compared to the heavy bleeding I used to get I can cope with the pain and haven't had any bleeding since the ablation x
I’d rather have the pain than the flooding. I don’t like to use tampons since having the children, don’t know why they just feel uncomfortable, but I go through so many pads. I double up for night and have to put a towel on the bed it’s awful. Making my appointment tomorrow.
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by honeybun1989 View Post
I had this 25 years ago after years of pain and bleeding (lots of minor ops in between) .. I was 30 when I had it done!
It was fairly straightforward .. Like a previous poster I had an early menopause (33)
Fingers crossed they will refer me.
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by honeybun1989 View Post
Good luck Bertiebear!
Thank you
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leec View Post
I paid private 14 years ago as I was in such a state with endo and it was affecting the chances of me getting pregnant, I had what was called a LUNA? It was basically laser treatment to remove the endo and burn my nerve endings so not to feel the pain, I was warned it could all grow back. I was having 6 weeks of very heavy periods, anaemia etc.
The last year I’ve noticed a difference it’s returning but I’ve been happy with 14 years of normality 😂🙈
My mum also suffered terribly and had a hysterectomy at 32.
Its awful isn’t it?
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kissimmee kate View Post
I had a microwave ablation 15 years ago.it worked perfectly and I had no ill effects and felt the best I had in years within a few months as I was no longer so dreadfully tired from anaemia and no longer suffering embarrassment at work having to rush to the loo! The alternative would have been a hysterectomy but the consultant had just been trained to do ablations and I asked if she would do that instead. Think she was pleased to have a willing guinea pig
Fingers crossed for me x
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessJo84
I want to go now!

Stuck in bed as I read this with hot water bottle and eating the painkillers...my monthly period seems to be getting more and more painful every month...at 35, whilst I love kids, I know I couldn't cope so that's not an issue so am seriously considering getting everything removed if necessary as I feel ok for about 10 days every month and then it goes rapidly downhill
PrincessJo84 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List