Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 09, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I'm suprised you had 2 separate tickets. When we went for 3 days, we just had tickets that were valid for 3 days.

The attitude of the ticket desk manager is very bad though. There was no reason why you should not have been let in. Yes, the ticket had been "used", but it was clearly an honest mistake, and would not cost them a penny to just let you in - after all you had paid your entry fee!
Old 22 Jun 09, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As other's have said, I've been to DLP once and I wouldn't go again.

It drives me mad when Managers say "there's nothing we can do" - what they really mean is "there's nothing we wan't to do". Also agree that this wouldn't have happened in WDW - we had ticket issues one year and an and S. American CM snatched the tickets off me and stamped VOID on them! I got a Manager and he nearly turned himself inside out apologising.

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, that cabin sounds filthy. Completely unacceptable - I hope you manage to get it sorted out!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What a nightmare - makes me even more convinced to never visit DLP.
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
I can't believe what a horrible time you had. That Cabin alone would have made me :angry: It's sounds disgusting

I had to complain when we were there once, it was silly really, and I really didnt expect anything. I had booked a lake view room at the Newport Bay. I knew before hand that scaffolding was up and it could restrict our view, but that was okay. When we got there, there was netting up aswell, so we couldnt see a thing at all out of the window! So I complained and they immediatley offered me a free stay at the hotel with 2 days free entrance to both parks for 4 people. I declined that, so they gave me 16 free park hopper passes (4 for each of us).

I hope you get a good response from them, tbh I found the customer service excellent. They were falling over them selves to help me.

Good luck

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
what a shame! and to clearly not hold responsability for the dirty rooms then give you a voucher for cleaning pack! how rude and cheeky! you pay to stay in accomodation not vice versa to clean it! if you have taken pictures and i sincerely hope you have of the room and the state it was in, i would inform ledger and disney that you are quite prepared to take matters further and inform the press of the disgusting rooms you are expected to stay in! it makes me thinki where the 2 keys came from!

as for your tickets, you could try but i doubt you will get far, however rightly they should honour it as mistakes are clearly made and from the date you arrived to the date you used your tickets is obvious they are used on the same day and therefore new tickets being issued is no matter. to me it seems its a case of not wanting to not not being able to.

such a shame considering the resorts not cheap. ive just paid 801 for a 2 night stay!
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WTP
Imagineer

Sounds like a 'jobsworth' to me. Since they obviously knew that it was an error and that you had only been at th parks for one day yet paid for two, I just can't see why they couldn't just let you through. Its not as if it would cost them any more and in fact, they have lost money because you couldn't spend anything if you were not in the park. Beggars belief. So sorry you had a lousy time on your DLP holiday. I just don't know what to suggest apart from sending the letter and seeing what happens. Good Luck.
2009 - 3 weeks Disney All Stars Music *COULDN'T BE BETTER*
2010 - 2 weeks All Inclusive in Turkey *A NICE CHANGE and A NICE REST*
2011 - 2 weeks All Stars Music *TREMENDOUS TIME but not long enough*
2012 - 2 weeks All Inclusive Mexico *AWESOME*
2013 - 2 weeks POFQ July/Aug *BRILLIANT*
Now how did that happen? 2014 2 weeks July/Aug POFQ

2011 TRIPPIE INDEX
WTP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
huglinson
Apprentice Imagineer

that accomodationsounds disgusting and i really hope that you get somewhere with that

with regards to the tickets, i can see why they would not let you in, you could have been a group of 14 going on for one day iygwim. although they could have made a concession i can see why they didn;t

hope u get a favourable response
Paris 13
huglinson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I'm surprised actually- we've alays been informed when we booked tif any facilities in the hotels were closed, and cleanliness has always been good. When we've had to complain (not often) it was sorted quite wuickly. Admited I've never stayed at Davy Crockett though. Do makesure you keep complaining about that and the staffattitude as they should have let you know!
Re tickets I can see why they said no though as it was an obvious mistake they could have sorted it. What a shame! We've been to Paris 5 times and I'm releived to say we've never had tihs bad a trip!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 09, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

First of all Disney Paris isn't totally 100% Disney. The way it was funded means that many European Bankers put money into the venture. That is why the holding company is called Euro Disney SCA. When the park was struggling in the 90s Disney had to step in a do a bale out. However, they did not purchase all holdings in the parks.
As regards the Davy Crockett accommodation, as others have said, it is regarded as the "pits". OK you weren't to know that but a little bit of research beforehand may have pointed this out.
Disneyland Resort Paris do have a strange ticket system. Why all days can't be on one card like they are in the USA is beyond me. I don't think there is any point going down the "French get treated better" road. (I have paraphrased). The French are the French. I've always found at DLP that it helps to be able to talk to the French CMs in their own language rather than negotiate in English. I wouldn't have given ground and i would have asked to see the Manager's Manager! Mistakes happen and managers have the capability to put things right. Issuing complimentary tickets wouldn't have hurt anybody.

I think you should point out the state of the accommodation to Leger and you should have taken photos as proof of the state of things. They might be alittle more sympathetic toyour complaint. They are after all acting as agents for the Disney parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread