Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 13, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

'doggy bag'

im just wondering what they are like over there? if the children havent eaten their food am i allowed for it to be bagged up? or should i take a tub and put it in myself if so am i allowed to do this?

thankyou for your help in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have never tried - it isn't really the custom in France any more than it is in the UK.

Bear in mind you won't have a fridge in your hotel so food won't keep.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We sometimes take leftovers from restaurants for the kids, but only if they've not eaten well and if it's something they can eat easily in their pram or walking around while we are out and about in the park. I normally have a few empty snack pots with me for DD2 and we just use those. I have never asked for food to be parcelled up. I only do it at table service and QS restaurants, though if they have food on their plate from a buffet that would otherwise be binned I might take it. But to be honest, I'd rather buy them fresh food when they are hungry if they haven't eaten well at mealtimes. Like Gill says there is nowhere to store it in the room anyway.
Old 3 Feb 13, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I've not known anyone do this at DLP - and I wouldn't take a tub of food away from a lunch or dinner buffet, the idea of buffets is you choose what you want but you eat what you choose, there in the restaurant. I can understand Disney mum's point though, if its portable and the kids have already chosen it, its on their plate and just don't have room/time for it, I don't see the harm in taking that.

Theres no chiller or microwave facilities to heat leftovers up though, so I don't know how handy it would be to take food away from restaurants at DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks guys no didnt mean to take and use for a later date/time, just that the toddler (3) doesnt always eat as we do he is going threw a fussy stage and eats at strange times, i am trying to get him out of it. yes would only take something of easily edible and was already on their plate wouldnt get more on purpose, i have snack tub for toddler so would just pop it in there. just wanted to check i wouldnt be kicked out or anything
Old 3 Feb 13, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I think 'we' are far to shy about speaking out and askng for things. If you have bought and paid for food there should be no reason not to ask to take it out if you deem the food suitable. It is yours and entirely up to you what you want to do with it regardless of where you are. I say if its convenient for you and or your child just ask them to box it
Old 4 Feb 13, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm planning to have a couple of resealable sandwich bags handy... We used them a lot in WDW for odd bits of cookies/bread etc.
Old 4 Feb 13, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

In Italy restaurants have notices telling you NOT to remove food or drink items from any restaurant or buffet area. However, being Disney They wouldn't be too fussed about you taking something if a child hasn't eaten. The number of folk you see loading up with croissants and stuff at breakfast is unbelievable!

Still - you could be pleasantly surprised:

ruerude/2012/11/the-l...estaurant.html

Edited at 05:59 PM.
Old 4 Feb 13, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Radisson Blu

Sorry Posted in error!

We are staying at the Radisson Blu the night before checking in at DLP, do any of you know if they have a evening buffet in the Birdie restaurant the information inst particularly clear and the times given only mention breakfast and lunch at this restaurant.

The other option is the Pamplemousse restaurant this one shows evening opening hours but only mentions a la carte. It looks lovely, anybody eaten here?

I'm sure I've read on reviews that they do an evening buffet, so just wondering if any of you have stayed recently whether you know if thats the case?

If we wanted to eat at Val d'europe instead of in the hotel that night have you got any recommendations?

Edited at 03:00 PM.
thehails is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 13, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread