Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 24, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Random 'sticky eye'

Anyone ever had this?

Around 2 weeks ago I started getting a feeling of there being sleep in one of my eyes that I can't clear - there isn't, it's completely normal and dry, but the feeling is there almost constantly and at times it's affecting my vision.

I had a full eye test with pressures done recently so I'm pretty sure it's not anything to worry about, just wondered if anyone else has ever had similar?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 24, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I had the rotten virus that everyone has had but unfortunately it has also affected my eyes started with a sticky eye and developed into ocular cellulitis in both eyes
The pain was horrific and vision went completely for nearly a week on yet an other set of eye drops steriods pain killers etc
Another eye clinic appointment next week but at least I can see enough to function now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 24, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I had the rotten virus that everyone has had but unfortunately it has also affected my eyes started with a sticky eye and developed into ocular cellulitis in both eyes
The pain was horrific and vision went completely for nearly a week on yet an other set of eye drops steriods pain killers etc
Another eye clinic appointment next week but at least I can see enough to function now
That sounds awful, glad your vision is back, hope this clears ASAP for you!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 24, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve had something which sounds a little similar and it was a dry eye. I used moisturising drops for a couple of weeks.
Mqt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 24, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Carrotstickz
Imagineer

It couldn't be some kind of allergy? Sometimes allergic reactions to things can cause a nasty dry eye/mucus combination that will feel like there's something stuck. Might be worth popping some basic antihistamines and seeing if it clears it.
Carrotstickz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 24, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dora1
slightly serious Dibber

If I remember correctly you are cabin crew. The constant change of air plus any bugs might the cause. Do you have a medical team you could discuss it with?
Old 22 Feb 24, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Louisa Jane
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
If it’s just a gritty feeling/ foreign body sensation it’s probably dry eye ( eyes can be watery), you can buy drops over the counter at any supermarket, chemist or optician. Boots/ Tescos etc do there own make. If you get severe pain, red eye, discharge ( not clear) then seek medical advice.
Old 22 Feb 24, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dora1 View Post
If I remember correctly you are cabin crew. The constant change of air plus any bugs might the cause. Do you have a medical team you could discuss it with?
Good point, cabin air has very low moisture levels.

There are moisturising eye ointments you can get such as lacrilube (I always get this mixed up with optilube which, despite sounding like it's for your eyes, really really isn't!).
Old 22 Feb 24, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have dry eye and my eyes get sticky and itchy, agree it could be that.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 24, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

When I had sinusitis just after Christmas I also had an eye infection.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List