Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi all,
Lovely to hear everyone’s updates and that all are well.
After Kate’s disastrous year in Aberystwyth we are hoping for better things in Cardiff! She moved in yesterday and is having a holiday week😉 before lectures next week.
It’s certainly going to be a strange time for them but hopefully they will make friends and enjoy.
Good luck all xx
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Hi all,
Lovely to hear everyone’s updates and that all are well.
After Kate’s disastrous year in Aberystwyth we are hoping for better things in Cardiff! She moved in yesterday and is having a holiday week😉 before lectures next week.
It’s certainly going to be a strange time for them but hopefully they will make friends and enjoy.
Good luck all xx
Good luck to Kate for her new start, I hope she enjoys her holiday week 😀 It’s a good idea to move in a little early to get to know the area. Is she pleased with her new room?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
My daughter is just about to start 3rd year on the Bognor Regis site, she is participating in Freshers Showcase, The uni have been reported by someone for not keeping to social distancing and cleaning the dance rooms, I found this very worrying, I do hope that it gets better.
My DD is back at the Chichester campus doing the freshers showcase as well. She said they are being really strict about following the guidelines. They had been sitting in their household bubbles when in the rehearsal room but I'm guessing they were reported as not social distancing so now they have to remain apart at all times.
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

My dd goes to University College London on 26th. She’s still flying high from her 3 x A* in her A’levels. She’s made some friends already on WhatsApp groups and has made some ‘socially distanced’ plans. I’m trying to be brave... honest.😭
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
My DD is back at the Chichester campus doing the freshers showcase as well. She said they are being really strict about following the guidelines. They had been sitting in their household bubbles when in the rehearsal room but I'm guessing they were reported as not social distancing so now they have to remain apart at all times.
I guess it’s good that they are following guidelines but you would think they would be allowed to sit with others from their own households 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
My dd goes to University College London on 26th. She’s still flying high from her 3 x A* in her A’levels. She’s made some friends already on WhatsApp groups and has made some ‘socially distanced’ plans. I’m trying to be brave... honest.😭
Well done to your DD, what is she going to study? It’s difficult for us parents when they leave so I completely understand how you are feeling. I found I felt better once I was sure Georgia was settling in and making friends. It really doesn’t take them long to do that 😀
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Good luck to Kate for her new start, I hope she enjoys her holiday week 😀 It’s a good idea to move in a little early to get to know the area. Is she pleased with her new room?
Hi, her new room is lovely, just a 2 minute walk from the St David’s Centre. She has only met one flatmate as they are all international’s so are in quarantine
Hope Georgia settles in and enjoys her 2nd year
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Hi, her new room is lovely, just a 2 minute walk from the St David’s Centre. She has only met one flatmate as they are all international’s so are in quarantine
Hope Georgia settles in and enjoys her 2nd year
That’s a fantastic location, so close to everywhere. I hope everything goes well for Kate this year too. I feel there will be many different challenges for the students this year, I hope it all works out well for all our children
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Well done to your DD, what is she going to study? It’s difficult for us parents when they leave so I completely understand how you are feeling. I found I felt better once I was sure Georgia was settling in and making friends. It really doesn’t take them long to do that 😀
Thank you, she’s studying Psychology. I know she’s going to have a great time and she’s done so well but...
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Beth had an email yesterday from Surrey saying there is no place for her this year so a gap year it is.

She said she has no regrets declining a place at Bristol even though in the end she was offered uni accommodation (although it was catered at Clifton Hill House which was not on her list of 9 choices).

More and more of the learning was changing to on line and with it being a vet course that’s not ideal. Hopefully by this time next year things would have settled down a bit and she can get more of the full university experience. She is continuing in her part time job and will learn to drive and will try as bad keep her hand in studying. At least she has a year to look forward to starting.

Good luck to all the new starters and returners x
I think Beth has made the right decision Choppygirl. Dd was saying only yesterday that she probably would have done the same if she had been starting this year. Much of the first term is practically based with animal handling so for that to be scrapped and shown online instead really wouldn’t be the same. Hopefully next year we will be back to normal.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List