Notices

Old 14 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
Looks Fab,

My wife and myself are travelling in September this year with our 20 month year old daughter for her first visit. We are taking My Mum and her Partner.

Very similar holidays!
Oh wow very similar holidays indeed! I think we both have the right idea taking the grandparents along... surely 4 adults to one toddler should make it a little easier to manage right?!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

ESTAs, park tickets and more shopping!

Time for another update… I feel like things are really starting to get ticked off the list now!

So firstly, ESTAs are sorted! Is there anything more nerve-wracking than waiting for them to be approved?! I submitted them late on a Sunday night and by the time I woke up on the Monday they were all approved, what a relief!

Also ticked off the list… park tickets! Well most of them anyway, the most expensive ones are sorted! We have bought 14 day Disney tickets through Florida Escapes (£385pp) and then two-day two-park hopper Universal tickets from Orlando Attractions (£212pp). Crazy how expensive Universal is for just two days, it wasn’t much more to get a 14 day ticket but we know we won’t be doing any more than two days so seems silly to pay the extra when we won’t use it. Hopper tickets were also a must as Joan and John both haven’t been on the Hogwarts Express so it was essential that we could do that (plus we like being able to hop between the parks depending on crowds rather than being restricted to one park for a whole day).

We still need to buy SeaWorld tickets, but as I am going to get those direct I am holding off in hope the dollar rate improves slightly (wishful thinking right?!) and then also KSC.

The shopping has also continued! I have started buying bits to keep Charlie entertained on the plane… so far we have stickers books, an aqua drawing pad, reading books and colouring (Disney themed of course!). I still need to get some crayons and also some headphones (any suggestions on good ones would be most appreciated!). No doubt I will be picking more up to fill his Trunki before we fly… and of course we will also go armed with a variety of snacks!

Also sorted is an autograph book for Charlie. Having never experienced Disney as a child, collecting autographs is a whole new thing to me so I was super keen to get Charlie a book to keep as a memento of his first ever WDW trip.≈ I found this lovely personalised one on eBay which I loved, especially as it has the year on too. Now I just need to get some Sharpies for signing with! I’m excited to see how many characters we can get to sign it over the two weeks, I am hoping the character breakfasts will be a good start!

One last thing that has recently been sorted is a pressed penny holder. I popped a post on here asking if people had seen these in the parks recently (I was worrying that they might not do them anymore) and the very lovely Pamela (aka Mamie Baldwin) sent me a message saying she was currently out in WDW and had seen them and would pick one up for me! It has recently arrived and I absolutely love it, exactly what I was looking for! I love that it features all 4 parks and Pamela was even so kind to put in some shiny pennies ready to be pressed! The generosity and kindness of this lovely community never fails to amaze me, Pamela has refused to take any money for this which is so unbelievably generous. I am now on the look out for a pay to way this lovely act of kindness forward!

Oh and one last thing that I just remembered… we have also booked our airport transfers! Joan and John will be leaving their car at our house so we will all be picked up from ours at 5:30pm on the Friday and then heading to Gatwick ready to fly the next day. Good to have that ticked off the list too!

It’s all coming together, 75 days to go!

Edited at 06:45 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oooooh look at that lovely countdown

Have to admit, I’m kinda jealous of all of Charlie’s plane activities haha! I’m sure he’ll be more than occupied!

Universal ticket prices are ridiculous! Disney is for sure better value. And to think they still charge for express passes!

Ah what a lovely thing for Pamela to do! I never saw these when I was out, so I’m very happy you got one

So excited for you all xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great planning, I can’t wait to follow your travels. There’s nothing like your children’s 1st visit to WDW (took our 4 for their 1st trip back in April, albeit youngest was 7 & eldest 16), but still, it was so special to give them the holiday of a lifetime.
I love all of your ears, t-shirts & Charlie's activities.
And what a good idea re booking flexible Premier Inn rates & then looking for cheaper saver ones & switching. Never thought of that & am due to book 3 nights soon for a UK break, so will be using this tip! Thank you.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like everything is coming together nicely Lisa! Lots of fab activities too Charlie there.

It makes my eyes water when it comes to park tickets but you always know it WILL be worth it & Charlie is still free too - yay!

Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oooooh look at that lovely countdown

Have to admit, I’m kinda jealous of all of Charlie’s plane activities haha! I’m sure he’ll be more than occupied!

Universal ticket prices are ridiculous! Disney is for sure better value. And to think they still charge for express passes!

Ah what a lovely thing for Pamela to do! I never saw these when I was out, so I’m very happy you got one

So excited for you all xxx
If I am honest I totally bought the funny face sticker book for me

Universal really is working out crazy money when you add in the cost of staying at HRH to get express passes! Ah well, you can't put a price on memories eh!

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Great planning, I can’t wait to follow your travels. There’s nothing like your children’s 1st visit to WDW (took our 4 for their 1st trip back in April, albeit youngest was 7 & eldest 16), but still, it was so special to give them the holiday of a lifetime.
I love all of your ears, t-shirts & Charlie's activities.
And what a good idea re booking flexible Premier Inn rates & then looking for cheaper saver ones & switching. Never thought of that & am due to book 3 nights soon for a UK break, so will be using this tip! Thank you.
We are still watching the saver rate for Premier Inn, they don't seem to be budging sadly though so think it will soon be time to bite the bullet and just book (as they are still £20 cheaper than the flexible rate we have at the moment so still a saving!)

I'm so excited for Charlie to experience WDW for the first time, I don't think it matters at what age it happens, it is always going to magical (I was 29 on my first visit and it was still the most amazing thing ever!)

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Sounds like everything is coming together nicely Lisa! Lots of fab activities too Charlie there.

It makes my eyes water when it comes to park tickets but you always know it WILL be worth it & Charlie is still free too - yay!

Xx
Oh goodness, I am so thankful we don't have to pay for tickets for Charlie yet... when that happens I think we have to leave him at home!
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

All sounds like it is coming together. I was admiring your lovely countdown, then realised that as we go two weeks later, ours is only 14 days longer! Hurray!

The plane activities look good - those water colouring things are great and we used to get a lot of value from them. I can recommend the JVC Tinyphones headphones amazon/JVC-Phones-.../dp/B005OQ5GPY (We like them so much that we've had 3 sets - the first lasted from age 18 months until they accidentally got broken in Japan last year - so a good 5 years. The second set is used only at school - 3 years, still gong strong. They seem to be comfortable and although they have a volume limiter, it still goes high enough for them to audible on a plane above the engine noise.)

Do you have a link for that autograph book - it looks fab!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
All sounds like it is coming together. I was admiring your lovely countdown, then realised that as we go two weeks later, ours is only 14 days longer! Hurray!

The plane activities look good - those water colouring things are great and we used to get a lot of value from them. I can recommend the JVC Tinyphones headphones amazon/JVC-Phones-.../dp/B005OQ5GPY (We like them so much that we've had 3 sets - the first lasted from age 18 months until they accidentally got broken in Japan last year - so a good 5 years. The second set is used only at school - 3 years, still gong strong. They seem to be comfortable and although they have a volume limiter, it still goes high enough for them to audible on a plane above the engine noise.)

Do you have a link for that autograph book - it looks fab!
How exciting, you trip will be here so soon too!

Thank you so much for the recommendation on the headphones, these one look great! I love how colourful they are too!

The autograph book was from eBay, so pleased with it as it's such lovely quality! It can be found here
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ahh thinks are ticking along nicely! Love the autograph book and coin book - so cute and such a lovely keepsake! I bet you can't wait :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

And I'm all caught up! So excited about the Hard Rock news. £290! That's such an increase. It's a real pig about the Hogwarts Express and the sting of the park to park tickets, isn't it? I guess they've got to pay for Volcano Bay somehow - do you think you'll visit there?

Glad all the bits are coming together and lovely things for Charlie too. The next two months are going to fly by! I am so excited for you!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List