Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i've not really been keeping up to speed with star wars land recently, but are people seriously queuing outside the park in the middle of the night just so they can get on it?!

is this likely to subside by october? i'm not even sure i can be bothered if this is the case...
You can't actually get a boarding pass until park opening time and you have to be inside the park.

Considering they let people into the park for safety reasons well before opening time the actual need to turn up mega early is zero. Just turn up like you usually would seems to be the general advice. 45-30 mins before opening.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Meanwhile, at Disneyland today...

It’s good to see people following Shawn Sanbrooke vlogs. I hope to be doing a 70th Anniversary of Drayton Manor Park with him later this year. I was with him on Sunday at the Drayton Manor Auction.

Anyway back on topic Star Wars and Toy story land was the best decision the park have made as with Mickey and Minnie ride opening in March it’s now become a min 2 day park. Shame I got another 3 years 7 months to I can enjoy it for myself.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

We arrived at 6:30 yesterday and were inside quickly ready for logging on at 7 for a boarding time. There is no need to arrive any earlier as it gives no advantages.

ROTR is an incredible ride and just like Flights of Passage does not require you to be a film fan to enjoy the attraction. My mother and her 75+ sister both really enjoyed it. The two lands are also incredible on their own. I would agree that the second rides in both are no where near as good. Smugglers Run is very enjoyable for Star Wars or video game fans though. My 50 year old cousin felt like a kid again.

Edited at 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
If you are basing your opinion on Tim Tracker and his 2k sweater, I would have a think about your choice of reviewer
I saw that vlog too £2000 sweater what was all that about?

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
It’s good to see people following Shawn Sanbrooke vlogs. I hope to be doing a 70th Anniversary of Drayton Manor Park with him later this year. I was with him on Sunday at the Drayton Manor Auction.

Anyway back on topic Star Wars and Toy story land was the best decision the park have made as with Mickey and Minnie ride opening in March it’s now become a min 2 day park. Shame I got another 3 years 7 months to I can enjoy it for myself.
Met Shawn, Alex, Harry and Charlotte a few times at the parks. Top bloke top channel.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Then check out the Lodge Guys review. They were there a few days ago and didn't think it was all that special.

Dave
I wouldn't base anything on what the Lodge Guys say about Disney. Most of the time they haven't got a clue. One of them is a miserable bu$$er at the best of time and doesn't like it unless he gets his way and is more interested in what his next drink is. The vast majority of people love the ride.

Edited at 03:02 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Met Shawn, Alex, Harry and Charlotte a few times at the parks. Top bloke top channel.
Yeah I met him a few times. My kids love him.

But

I would hate to be on a ride with him though with his really annoying "wwwhhheeeyyysss" and "ooooosssssss". and if says KFC megawave one more time...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I saw that vlog too £2000 sweater what was all that about?
Looks forward to him making the mistake of changing his new borns nappy while wearing it
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
What is the assessment criteria?
I dont have the exact assessment criteria and go off reports from numerous places like forums, podcasts and the like.

IMHO I think Disney saw GE as huge as Potter was at universal but after the initial hype it died down very quickly. Whilst it may be busy there are reports of walk up reservations to all the attractions (as in Lightsaber/Droid Depot) where I think Disney would have thought they would be completely full for months. The cantina is already changing menu as it's not everything they wanted.

In general it gets busy as does the rest of the park(s) but for the cost, has it added everything they wanted? As in more than lands like Toy Story? I dont believe it has and i think that Iger and Disney will see that as somewhat of a failure.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The two rides are average at best (admittedly based on Tim Tracker reviews!)
I get the impression that Tim is not a die hard Star Wars fan so that might affect his opinion and as someone else mentioned he voted ROTR number 1 on a recent poll he did of favourite rides.

I for one hope they don’t change it. I think the theming looks amazing and I CAN’T wait to see it. I am going to be like a kid in a candy store... :
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List