Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

As of 2 hours ago Shawn had only just joined the queue so 18 hours so far since he started queuing to get into the park. He also rode the Skyline to every station on opening day. He says as soon as he hits 30 he do 1 more mega trip and that’s it.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Yeah The Lodge Guys do my head in. Their Disney tips videos are full of 100% wrong information.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Then check out the Lodge Guys review. They were there a few days ago and didn't think it was all that special.

Dave
From memory having seen the Lodge Guys review Leigh really liked it and Nick (who was always grumpy about something !) Wasnt so keen and preferred FOP . I love FOP and havent yet had a chance to ride RotR but IMHO it looks amazing.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
ROTR is awesome, to even mention the Fast and Furious in the same thread is sacrilege!

For anyone who hasn’t seen ROTR and wants to see the whole ride :

Just watched it all the way through and not convinced, maybe you have to be there! It looks marginally better than Smugglers Run, which I wouldn’t choose to waste another five minutes of my life on.

All the herding around before the “main” ride on this one would be very irritating for me. I wouldn’t bother with it but DH wants to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Just watched it all the way through and not convinced, maybe you have to be there! It looks marginally better than Smugglers Run, which I wouldn’t choose to waste another five minutes of my life on.

All the herding around before the “main” ride on this one would be very irritating for me. I wouldn’t bother with it but DH wants to go.
Ha ha you sound like Mrs YT. I was very impressed with all the build up, Mrs YT wanted to go straight on the main ride.

I look at things from a design perspective. Note how you get in the shuttle that supposedly takes off from the ground, and exit into the spaceship docking bay through the same door? The easy way to do it would have been to have you going out the other side, but the first shuttle ship seems to act as a lift and maybe turns through 180 degrees, not sure as haven’t looked it up. Also the scale doesn’t probably come across on video, but when you exit into the hangar with all the stormtroopers, even Mrs YT felt that bit was impressive. Note all the sparks and smoke, the lightsaber through the roof, the projected shadows- even right at the very end the sparks from the engineer seem to come into the ship as you are exiting.
It really is a labour of love.
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
Yeah The Lodge Guys do my head in. Their Disney tips videos are full of 100% wrong information.
They think they can make a living from just vlogging about Disney now and keep going on about their patrons, one of the levels is $400 a month! Who in their right minds give that much to any vlogger let alone them 2. They should have just stuck to doing the lodge stuff not trying to cash in by doing Disney Blogs. They think is an easy way to make money. It took Tim Tracker ages to get to the stage where he now lives of his youtube money, last estimate is over $250,000 a year. It's fairly easy to make an educated guess based on what YouTube pays and how many subscribers and views he get.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Ha ha you sound like Mrs YT. I was very impressed with all the build up, Mrs YT wanted to go straight on the main ride.

I look at things from a design perspective. Note how you get in the shuttle that supposedly takes off from the ground, and exit into the spaceship docking bay through the same door? The easy way to do it would have been to have you going out the other side, but the first shuttle ship seems to act as a lift and maybe turns through 180 degrees, not sure as haven’t looked it up. Also the scale doesn’t probably come across on video, but when you exit into the hangar with all the stormtroopers, even Mrs YT felt that bit was impressive. Note all the sparks and smoke, the lightsaber through the roof, the projected shadows- even right at the very end the sparks from the engineer seem to come into the ship as you are exiting.
It really is a labour of love.
YT I've not had the fortune to ride RotR but from what I have seen it deserves the label "immersive".

In your opinion when does the "ride" start ?

I suspect the youtube videos dont do the whole thing justice. I dont think you can grasp the scale of the hanger for example.

I love the attention to detail - such as when the storm troopers blast chunks out of the ceiling.

One day i will get a chance to visit..i hope !
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

I
Yep that is definitely me.

I was immensely irritated watching your video when they all stopped to look at the Stormtroopers. I would be "come on keep it moving folks".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
YT I've not had the fortune to ride RotR but from what I have seen it deserves the label "immersive".

In your opinion when does the "ride" start ?

I suspect the youtube videos dont do the whole thing justice. I dont think you can grasp the scale of the hanger for example.

I love the attention to detail - such as when the storm troopers blast chunks out of the ceiling.

One day i will get a chance to visit..i hope !
I think the ride starts as you come out of the first room, maybe in there, the rest is all ride for me, or experience. The scale of it cannot be done justice on video. The only bit where the immersion is lost a bit is when you come out of the hangar to the cells, this isn’t shown in the video, but there is a 10 minute queue.
Old 18 Jan 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Never seen these Lodge Guys before- maybe I’m in a minority but they seem reasonably entertaining to me. They are pretty good at editing in fairness. Have they done Disney for a long time? Where is the lodge they have? Seems they are from Leeds?