Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Apr 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thank you for your update. Sorry to hear that Emma wont have her job for the moment. How has she been doing these past couple of days? I guess this is especially difficult for her. Hope she can find something else to focus on, and that you all stay safe. Please keep us updated as I think of you all often. Take care x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I hope Emma will manage well with being off work. Hopefully it won't be for too long
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I think the lockdown is beginning to impact .
Tonight we have seen a potato flung to the floor and many many tears over a tiny bit of milk in the bottom of a glass.
The hidden impact of the virus lockdown is not to be underestimated

On the positive side , the decorating has helped to keep her going.
She has largely on her own completely revamped the spare room from a lilac to white with a feature grey wall . Including painting the bed - that was brown . And selecting all the duvet , cushions , curtains, ornaments etc

Think she has done a really good job.
Also helped me replace a plank of decking after I literally put my foot through it ! Oops !

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:51 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think lockdown is getting to all of us. I absolutely love the colourways in the bedroom. Being nosy, was it a chalk paint so the bed could be painted right over the varnish. Might show my DD this as a not so subtle hint.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I think lockdown is getting to all of us. I absolutely love the colourways in the bedroom. Being nosy, was it a chalk paint so the bed could be painted right over the varnish. Might show my DD this as a not so subtle hint.
I think it was this
She did an undercoat/primer and it still took about 3 more coats I think as it was originally a dark brown

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I think it was this
She did an undercoat/primer and it still took about 3 more coats I think as it was originally a dark brown

Thank you. The effect is really good. 👍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear your daughter is struggling but, on the positive side, the room looks lovely! Stay safe Buryboy x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 08:38 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

It must be a very tough time for Emma . Sorry you are all having this extra pressure. What a great job she has done on the spare room, obviously very talented. Love the colours and she did a great job with the bed. Stay safe, and hugs to you all. x

Edited at 01:20 AM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

She's done great job of the bedroom and bed. Sorry she is having a tough time with lockdown
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear of the impact of this for Emma, the mental health issues of the whole experience is difficult to deal with. She’s done a fabulous job of the decorating though, well done to her for trying so hard 💕
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List