Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 28 Feb 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RJGrice1983 View Post
Good Stuff. Nice to hear a Positive outcome.

Ive just had a call from TUI.

They have offered me a Downgrade to AOA (No refund) or Upgrade to AKL for an extra £5000! .
AOA - AND keep the dining plan - if yes, go for it...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Nice to see some people getting moved. Im not jealous at all. Nope.
AoA with your QSDP is a nice move.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

If you keep the dining plan at AOA it is probably a win. When pricing up last year I could pay £3k for cbr with qsdp or £2k for all star music with free breakfast, the upgrade to qsdp worked out more expensive than cbr with free dining (hence why we booked cbr). All star music was the cheapest value resort with AOA quite a lot more even for a standard room. I suppose it depends how many of you are in the room though upgrading the dining to qs, my figures are based on 4 adults.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jacimac View Post
I contacted Dale back again today to ask if it was possible he could look at moving us to CSR into a Junior suite which sleeps 6 and a standard room to sleep 4 (currently have 5 booked into each room at CBR), he said this wasn't possible as they don't have access to book suites, I said this was available on the US booking site but he stated they cannot do this as the suites have never been available to book on UK website and the set up is not built into the system, tbh I really don't care about the IT side of it I just wanted to book a room which is available! Only option he could offer would be upgrade for a significant amount of money to OKW or reconsider his offer of paying extra £295 each room for POR. In mean time he has requested we are allocated a room in Jamaica 43/42/41 ground floor and adjoining rooms until we decide other wise. What do you think our chances would be of getting them to manage to book a suite at CSR if I sent an email again stating not happy with this and I know rooms are available on US site?
I’ve no idea, I didn’t even know they had suites at csr. Worth a shot.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Waiting for yet another call back off Dale today, I think I'm about to bite the bullet and pay to jump ship to POR, can't see any other way forward and looking at the latest construction videos I would rather know I'm going to enjoy my holiday, especially as it's 3 members of the family's first stay onsite
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Waiting for yet another call back off Dale today, I think I'm about to bite the bullet and pay to jump ship to POR, can't see any other way forward and looking at the latest construction videos I would rather know I'm going to enjoy my holiday, especially as it's 3 members of the family's first stay onsite
May be the best thing to do with first time onsite. Let us know how it goes.
Old 1 Mar 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
May be the best thing to do with first time onsite. Let us know how it goes.
I agree, 7 of us in the party have been to POR 3 times and didn't fancy it again, we loved CSR last year but as there are 10 of us in 2 rooms this wasn't an option, so we agreed we would be better off moving to POR and staying there again due to the fact that 3 of the party members have never stayed onsite and I didn't want them to have an awful experience and have to stay on building site and regret it.

So as promised Dale called me back about 11am today, he has managed to switch us all over to POR (extra £297 per room, but this was only what we would have paid if we had originally booked this as POR is always more expenisve than the other moderates), he has also made some room requests which hopefully they will be able to fulfil, new booking confirmation received immediately and MDE is all updated. I must admit Dale has been great with us and has done everything we have asked him to, it would have been nice not to have to pay any extra but i don't think £297 was bad at all, looking at the latest construction videos I feel paying this is better than having an awful experience which we may have had and now I can relax and enjoy the planning without having to worry about what state the resort might be when we arrive.
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree, 7 of us in the party have been to POR 3 times and didn't fancy it again, we loved CSR last year but as there are 10 of us in 2 rooms this wasn't an option, so we agreed we would be better off moving to POR and staying there again due to the fact that 3 of the party members have never stayed onsite and I didn't want them to have an awful experience and have to stay on building site and regret it.

So as promised Dale called me back about 11am today, he has managed to switch us all over to POR (extra £297 per room, but this was only what we would have paid if we had originally booked this as POR is always more expenisve than the other moderates), he has also made some room requests which hopefully they will be able to fulfil, new booking confirmation received immediately and MDE is all updated. I must admit Dale has been great with us and has done everything we have asked him to, it would have been nice not to have to pay any extra but i don't think £297 was bad at all, looking at the latest construction videos I feel paying this is better than having an awful experience which we may have had and now I can relax and enjoy the planning without having to worry about what state the resort might be when we arrive.
Glad it’s all sorted for you. It’s good to be able to start looking forward to your holiday again and the first timers will love por I'm sure.

Perhaps you could stay in a different part of Por to make it feel a bit different? We’ve been to por 3 times now (originally booked cbr last year and ended up changing to go back to por) and said we don’t want to go back again as we need something different but I think perhaps if we’d stayed in the mansions last time instead of the exact same area in AB that we’d stayed twice before it would have felt a bit like we were in a different resort.
Old 1 Mar 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Glad it’s all sorted for you. It’s good to be able to start looking forward to your holiday again and the first timers will love por I'm sure.

Perhaps you could stay in a different part of Por to make it feel a bit different? We’ve been to por 3 times now (originally booked cbr last year and ended up changing to go back to por) and said we don’t want to go back again as we need something different but I think perhaps if we’d stayed in the mansions last time instead of the exact same area in AB that we’d stayed twice before it would have felt a bit like we were in a different resort.
The Mansions are gorgeous, our first time we stayed in the Mansions, our second time we again stayed in the Mansions but were upgraded FOC to a Royal Guest Room/Princess Room, last time as there were 5 of us we were in Alligator Bayou which was OK but we preferred the Mansions, Dale seems to think building 80/85 in the Mansions can sleep 5 also and has requested this, but everywhere I have looked it states the only rooms which sleep 5 are in Alligator Bayou so I think we will end up there, this was the main reason why we didn't want to go to POR, but it will be much better than a building site so if this is the case we are happy with that.
Old 1 Mar 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
themadhaggis
I want to go now!

I called yesterday and was told there was no availability to move to POR for a family of 5. I wonder if there have been some cancellations or something
themadhaggis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread