Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 24 Dec 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Christmas Eve boxes ?

What are they all about ?
Not enough to spoil everyone just on Xmas day , we have to spoil them on Xmas eve as well now seemingly
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Not enough to spoil everyone just on Xmas day , we have to spoil them on Xmas eve as well now seemingly
It’s not about spoiling them for us. It’s a family thing where we can all open the box and read the book, wear our Xmas pj’s and watch a film. Our children and very young and it’s lost on them but we wanted to start the tradition.

Ours isn’t full of presents, they come tomorrow.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Each to their own I say, it’s something I’ve done for my youngest today for first time, she’s 11. My reasoning is I know she’s giddy/anxious/excited about tomorrow and anything I can do today to keep her calm is worth it, she’s had new Christmas pyjamas and socks which she’s now wearing whilst chilling watching beauty and the beast , it had a bath bomb in it so she’s had a nice long relaxing soak in tub which will be good for her and gave me a bit of time to do other things, sweets, a pen and thankyou cards to write for family members tomorrow for gifts she will receive and a mug and hot choc and marshmallows which we will have before bed.

Edited at 06:40 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've been doing one for our son since he was tiny. He gets new pyjamas, which he'd have got anyway, a chocolate lolly, hot chocolate, a christmas book and a colouring set. We don't open presents until the afternoon on christmas day, so it keeps him entertained in the morning too.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It’s not about spoiling them for us. It’s a family thing where we can all open the box and read the book, wear our Xmas pj’s and watch a film. Our children and very young and it’s lost on them but we wanted to start the tradition.

Ours isn’t full of presents, they come tomorrow.
exactly

my grandson has one. Matching PGs a bedtime story and a mug of hot chocolate

I think it is nice that new generations have new traditions
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our boys have just opened theirs (age 7 and 19). They’ve got pjs, a cup, hot chocolate, marshmallows and reindeer dust. We started it a couple of years ago and Is one of the few things the eldest will join in with the youngest. Not spoiling them but just something for us to do as a family and then we watch a film.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I have given my kids a bag for Christmas Eve since they where babies. Always contained new pyjamas and a treat. As they got older the year became a VHS and then a DVD we could all watch together, usually a Disney, and some chocolate coins.
My daughter now 18 can’t wait to open her later and my son who is 21 is looking forward to getting his new pjs when he finishes work and sitting down with our take away and watching Harry Potter 😀🌲
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just to clarify my ‘ spoiling’ comment was VERY tongue in cheek
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ours doesn't have anything new in it - just stuff for our Christmas Eve traditions- hot chocolate, a plate for Santa, a Christmas mug each that are a few years old and a storybook. We open it up, get dressed in our Christmas PJs and go and look at the lights on people's houses.
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Due with our first and I love the idea of matching Pjs every xmas eve! Can't wait to start this haha. Bring on the cringey family photos!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List