Old 15 Feb 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBelle
Imagineer

DisneyBelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Polynesian price?

Total living in a dream land kinda question haha! when free dining was out last year does anyone know how much a 14 day stay at the poly was?
DisneyBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

The Polynesian wasn't included in the the free dining offer last year. So I think 14 nights ended up being about 8k for room only + tickets (2 adults, 2 children)!
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBelle
Imagineer

DisneyBelle's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
The Polynesian wasn't included in the the free dining offer last year. So I think 14 nights ended up being about 8k for room only + tickets (2 adults, 2 children)!
Ah really! Ok thank you for the reply x
DisneyBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Be interesting to see which hotels are included in free dining this year. We were going to book the Poly but switched to GF on the back of the free dining availability. Alternatively, you could always rent DVC points at the Poly?
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazfuk
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBelle View Post
Total living in a dream land kinda question haha! when free dining was out last year does anyone know how much a 14 day stay at the poly was?
We have rented dvc points, paid £3700 for two weeks at the poly end of sept this year. Obv need to include tickets and food on top of that. But very happy compared to what Disney direct would charge for the Poly

Next visit Sept 2020
Last visit May 2018
Bazfuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBelle
Imagineer

DisneyBelle's Reviews
Mobile

Will have a look into Dvc points, is it easy to do? Never quite got my head around it (then again, easily confused!)
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazfuk
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBelle View Post
Will have a look into Dvc points, is it easy to do? Never quite got my head around it (then again, easily confused!)
We used a dvc rental company, there are a couple of well known companies (David’s rental club and DVC rental store ) just gave them the dates and hotel preferences and they did the rest. We used DVC rental store only because we didn’t need to pay the full amount at the time of booking. They gave us the reservation number and it’s linked up to my Disney experience app.

I know it can be cheaper buying points from individuals but doing it this way took the hassle out of all that finding someone to rent from.

Next visit Sept 2020
Last visit May 2018
Bazfuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We’d love a stay there next year with free dining... Unfortunately our budget won’t stretch to that place but dream holiday for us!
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I stalked the poly quite a lot last year and noted it wasn't on Dining Plan. The DVC rental price quoted above seems v reasonable though. I think I've moved to stalking the Beach Club... Lol.

Is free dining plan crucial for you?
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duckfan
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just to throw an alternative view in the mix, we booked through a us travel agent for the poly. The cost worked out slightly less than the UK price but obviously no dining plan either way.

I’m now keeping fingers crossed a discount will come up for our dates and the travel agent can apply it. We’ll have lost nothing and we were going to stay here no matter what but I’m keeping positive that a decent ap rate may knock a significant chunk off to make it comparable to what free dining may have been worth (had it been offered)
duckfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List