Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My balance is due April 17th so I'm hoping the situation will be a little clearer by then. My daughter has already told me that we are going come hell or high water, and that she will get on the plane herself if she has to!
I am a worrier, I hold my hands up. I worry about one of my daughters getting ill while we are there and having to be isolated without us. Also I have a 79 year old Mum with COPD as well as a sister with other asthma and other health issues, so I know even if we go I will be worrying about them back at home getting ill while I'm away.
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We paid our balance last week, on the day before it was due. Not because of Coronavirus though, I prefer to have the money in our account rather than BA's!

It's 'business as usual' for us, until told otherwise. Well, I have been washing my hands more frequently and hubby has swapped from a hanky to tissues. Our travel insurance covers cancellation if the FCO prevent us from going.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

We’ve been debating this quite a lot in our house.
My best friend booked to go to Venice for her hubby’s 40th in 2 weeks (child free). She has easyJet flights, and a non refundable hotel, she has 2 kids under 4 who will be staying with her Mum so she’s very anxious about going, especially as Venice is apparently a bit of a ghost town at the minute.
We don’t have kids, but have a long weekend to Amsterdam booked in 3 weeks. Again EasyJet flights and non refundable hotel room. I think that we will probably go, but our MIL desperately doesn’t want us to
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Balance due next week and have no hesitation in paying it.
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Off to the Algarve in April. Balance paid 2 days before all this was announced! I am a little concerned as travelling with my mum , but, will just be sensible, try not to get into crowded spaces and I dare anyone to sneeze or cough near me in the plane
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ve only just booked for April! I’m going unless there is a ban on travel
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I have a life threatening health condition and I'm not thinking about cancelling my two holidays this year (short break in Portugal in June and 12 nights in Orlando in September). When your number's up, it's up.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by birdiesX4 View Post
We have booked for Majorca for May half term and Florida Keys for 3rd July. I will also be going unless they say we cant so will pay as scheduled. Our travel insurance will cover us if the FCO declare all but essential travel. I would be gutted to not go although I understand why people are concerned, I am a little but trying to keep it all in perspective.

More worryingly DD is scheduled to have a week in Milan in 3 weeks and DS is inter railing in Germany the second week of Easter school holidays. But they are both adults so will make their own mind up what they wish to do.
See you in Majorca! May half term, balance paid already. We'll go unless specifically advised not to through official channels. Have decent insurance just in case.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
captjack
Trying for More Ears

We are going to tenerife on the 17th march and unless the fco tell us not to fly we will be going, i spoke to tui yesterday and was told if we are told we cant fly by the fco we would get a full refund or a free amendment.
One of my jobs is in retail and I don't know if customers coming in have just got back from a holiday in Italy or anywhere else affected.
My own personal view is if I am going to catch it I have as much chance at work here or on holiday.
captjack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

We have just paid off our holiday for May.

We're going unless travel is banned. If travel is banned then our holiday will be refunded through our insurance. If it's not banned then we're getting on that plane!

Of course I'm naturally a little nervous about catching the virus, but I work extremely close to where the first outbreak in the UK was (the school of one of the infected people's children is on the same road as me) so it reminds me that I'm no safer here than I would potentially be in Orlando! And if there's a sudden outbreak in Orlando then travel would be banned anyway x
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List