Old 3 Mar 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Value hotel easy reach of Universal?

Friends are planning a trip to Orlando but want to stay in a hotel near Universal. They don’t have the budget for an onsite hotel so I said I’d ask here for recommendations as I haven’t a clue having previously stayed in villas or in the LBV area.

Anyone have anywhere they would recommend? They’d like to be able to walk to restaurants in the mornings and evenings.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We stayed at the rosen inn international. It’s next door to the big McDonald’s. They do a shuttle bus to universal which was quick on drop off in the morning but the last stop at night so took a while.

The room was fine. Had a mini kitchen with fridge microwave

The rooms are around courtyards. We were on the outside by the carpark but I think overlooking a courtyard would be nicer for a long stay. We only stayed a few nights but for the price we thought it was very nice.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Mobile

The new hotel is very cheap as cheap as idrive
Old 3 Mar 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Holiday inn and double tree are just across the road and have a few restaurants around. You can either walk to the park or use the shuttle bus. Plus parking is free.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Holiday inn and double tree are just across the road and have a few restaurants around. You can either walk to the park or use the shuttle bus. Plus parking is free.
The doubletree charges $23 per night for self parking, or $29 for valet.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

In 2018 my daughter and I stayed in the Clarion Inn and Suites along Grand National Drive. It's a lovely hotel and cheap too. It's only a 10/15 minute walk to Universal Studios.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

This is very similar to our room. Good value for money
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Great, thank you all. I’ll pass the information on to them.

Is the new Universal hotel close to restaurants?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Great, thank you all. I’ll pass the information on to them.

Is the new Universal hotel close to restaurants?
Yes, looks like it, we don't stay there until early September. IHOP, Denny's and Applebee's very walkable and several others not that much further.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
Yes, looks like it, we don't stay there until early September. IHOP, Denny's and Applebee's very walkable and several others not that much further.
Thank you. Just came out of the black hole that is YouTube 😀. Found a vlog by the Despicable Three where they stayed at Endless Summer Surfside and showed some shortcuts around the hotel. Will send it on to my friends.
Am thinking it might be an option for us too - have RPR booked for the express passes but will have a look at predicted crowd levels to see if it would be a better option.