Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Mar 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Freebird
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

What would you do? Holiday related

Hi

I have a holiday to fuerteventura booked for end of June and so far have only paid a £500 deposit - but I'm seriously thinking about cancelling it

With all the uncertainty about coronavirus, my main concern is that my youngest dd is doing her gcse's this year and they should have finished by then but what if they extend into our holiday date? I don't think travel insurance will give me my money back if we can't go due to exams being rescheduled

I have had a text from the school this afternoon linking to ofqual and government website basically saying prepare for exams as normal but they will meet and review the situation and prepare contingency plans and will inform us and schools asap if anything changes.

So although I can't really afford to i would prefer to lose 500 now rather than nearly 2000

I'm going to ring travel insurance and ask myself but just feel like this holiday is not going to happen, oldest dd at uni also has had glandular fever last few weeks which I've already had to tell travel insurance about

Any thoughts/advice will be welcome
Freebird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

personally i would assume nothing will change

all this could have blown over by then and/or schools/exams unafftected

you will have then lost your holiday for nothing
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

When do you need to pay the balance? I’d hold off as long as possible and pay at the very last minute.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Freebird
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
When do you need to pay the balance? I’d hold off as long as possible and pay at the very last minute.
needs to be paid beginning of April
Freebird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
needs to be paid beginning of April
I’d wait another few weeks before deciding, then. Things will be clearer then (one way or another).
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
personally i would assume nothing will change

all this could have blown over by then and/or schools/exams unafftected

you will have then lost your holiday for nothing
This. But I hate my plans being altered.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
We’re going to Florida a week after exams .we’ve decided to cancel it before we pay the balance as we will lose £11K if they shift the exams and we can’t go

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I would say as long as your holiday is planned to be after the 24th June I would leave it as it for now. You may want to discuss with the school about what happens if the exam move out past that date and how your dd could sit them at another date.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'd wait until it's due, in 3 weeks we should all have a better picture of the way this is going
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I would say as long as your holiday is planned to be after the 24th June I would leave it as it for now. You may want to discuss with the school about what happens if the exam move out past that date and how your dd could sit them at another date.
They don’t allow that with GCSE’s as the pupil can get the questions off her peers

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List