Old 6 Mar 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I think what I was trying to say is it is an expensive add on when you have the park tickets already, but if you did decide to go for it, and you all went with the mindset it would be busy, and you would focus on the extra bits you like and the atmosphere, you may not feel disappointed.

Have you factored in costumes to your costs and packing room (sorry if I missed that bit earlier)? We weren't going to do anything but then decided on black and white Jack Skellington t shirts, and the girls had matching ears from Etsy. My husband wore his normal clothes though.
Yes that does make sense. I haven't factored in costumes at all, but given I'm still convinced we can do 22 nights on hand luggage only planning for costumes may be a stretch too far for the luggage your idea of just having a t shirt is a good one though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just a thought, we picked up our MNSSHP shirts from uniqlo (they had loads of different shirts in all sizes) at DS really cheaply! They were toy story/Halloween themed. The boys were not thrilled to be wearing matching shirts but we got lots of lovely comments from CM’s during the evening and they soon got into the spirit!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Just a thought, we picked up our MNSSHP shirts from uniqlo (they had loads of different shirts in all sizes) at DS really cheaply! They were toy story/Halloween themed. The boys were not thrilled to be wearing matching shirts but we got lots of lovely comments from CM’s during the evening and they soon got into the spirit!
When the planning (negotiations) were in effect for last year and I wanted Mum and Dad to come Dave had one condition, that we didn't get matching family t shirts I stuck to my end of the bargain as I couldn't quite believe he'd given in so easily. I'm not convinced I'd be able to persuade them to wear Halloween outfits, even if it is just a t shirt, but you never know

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
When the planning (negotiations) were in effect for last year and I wanted Mum and Dad to come Dave had one condition, that we didn't get matching family t shirts I stuck to my end of the bargain as I couldn't quite believe he'd given in so easily. I'm not convinced I'd be able to persuade them to wear Halloween outfits, even if it is just a t shirt, but you never know
Too funny I love that it was his only condition- like there was just nothing worse! I’m not surprised that you quickly agreed to his terms lots of people don’t dress up and the rest get super dressed up, we were somewhere in between. I honestly don’t doubt your powers of persuasion though
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Think have caught up lol... I know what you mean about the cruise being expensive that's a good chunk of money towards another holiday ...I also woklfnt be paying out for extra party tickets either lol I am so tight lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Too funny I love that it was his only condition- like there was just nothing worse! I’m not surprised that you quickly agreed to his terms lots of people don’t dress up and the rest get super dressed up, we were somewhere in between. I honestly don’t doubt your powers of persuasion though
Turns out my powers of persuasion weren't really required as Kate was all "yessss" at the idea and no daddy can resist their little girl . Will do a proper update at the weekend as even though decision seems to be made, I've not bought the tickets due to not wanting to shell out more money this month so now it's me that's holding back, although I doubt they will sell out before next month.

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Think have caught up lol... I know what you mean about the cruise being expensive that's a good chunk of money towards another holiday ...I also woklfnt be paying out for extra party tickets either lol I am so tight lol
Yes, the cruise was way out of our price range in the end, but it was a fun little fantasy of an idea for a while. We've never bothered with the dessert party either as I don't see the point in paying for something else when we can see the fireworks without paying so in spite of paying 1000s for the holiday the add-ons and extras are something I've not succumbed to get. But it seems that Kate reeeeaaaalllly wants to go to MNSHHP, so I think it's highly likely this year.

Old 11 Mar 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Turns out my powers of persuasion weren't really required as Kate was all "yessss" at the idea and no daddy can resist their little girl ... But it seems that Kate reeeeaaaalllly wants to go to MNSHHP, so I think it's highly likely this year.
Go Kate:

Dilemma appears solved!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Turns out my powers of persuasion weren't really required as Kate was all "yessss" at the idea and no daddy can resist their little girl . Will do a proper update at the weekend as even though decision seems to be made, I've not bought the tickets due to not wanting to shell out more money this month so now it's me that's holding back, although I doubt they will sell out before next month.

Yes, the cruise was way out of our price range in the end, but it was a fun little fantasy of an idea for a while. We've never bothered with the dessert party either as I don't see the point in paying for something else when we can see the fireworks without paying so in spite of paying 1000s for the holiday the add-ons and extras are something I've not succumbed to get. But it seems that Kate reeeeaaaalllly wants to go to MNSHHP, so I think it's highly likely this year.
Well done Kate. I guess that is decision made then. Will Kate want a costume of some kind?
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
That is lovely that Kate was so excited to go to MNSSHP. I’m sure you will be good to buy your tickets next month, you must be really looking forward to adding that to the planner. very exciting news!
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay wl done Kate 😂 looking forward to the update at the weekend xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List