Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Apr 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Greek Islands - any advice please?

Hi all

As I won't be able to go to Florida again (due to only being able to go in school holidays and it being too expensive - boo hoo!), I am now looking at the Greek Islands as a much cheaper alternative.

I have been to Zante, Kefalonia for a day trip, Skiathos and Skopelos for a day trip prior to meeting the husband and I loved all of these. We have taken the children to Zante which for us was perfect as they were six and four at the time, the hotel was on the beach and they loved the pool and water park. We had a great time, except hubbie who found the hotel too noisy at night.

I am now looking at going away again to a Greek island but cannot decide where. The children will be 13 and 11 which is actually quite a hard age to amuse. Obviously another trip to WDW and Universal would work so much better but it's just not going to happen, lol.

Any ideas on good family resorts with hotels on the beach and not rowdy at night would be so appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Blue lagoon village in Kos is lovely but quite expensive.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Blue lagoon village in Kos is lovely but quite expensive.
Thank you. I have heard of the Blue Lagoon actually, I will have a look. I have always fancied Thassos and Lesbos too but I just don't know that there would be enough for the children.
Thanks again.
Old 9 Apr 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I recommend the NE coast of Corfu. Specifically Kalami. Beautiful, not rowdy, mainly apartments. There are regular boats to local tavernas in another bay and also Corfu Town.
The coast there is beautiful.
Old 9 Apr 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shroom
Having Dinner with Goofy

Rhodes is lovely.

Avoid the north of the island, Faliraki etc, head for Lindos, Lardos and Pefkos areas
Shroom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I'll second Pefkos in Rhodes. We stayed at the Matina which had an entertainment programme with football, water polo, aqua aerobics etc etc. The resort is small but lots of amazing places to eat and it's a great base to explore the island.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you everybody. This has given me some ideas to look at. The children are at quite an awkward age to keep entertained right now.

Thanks again.
Old 11 Apr 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

One of my favourite places in the world is Pefkos in Rhodes just love it!
Old 11 Apr 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We had a lovely holiday at the Matina in Pefkos Rhodes. I booked on a Dibb recommendation😊 I would go back in a heartbeat. Great on site supermarket that you can do a shop online before you go and it's in your room when you arrive. The lovely Stergios barman who remembers everyone's name. The great breakfasts in people's snack bar. Kids loved the waffles and milkshake. Nice beach at the end of the road. A busier strip of restaurants up the top of the road far enough away not to be noisy but close enough to walk. Quick taxi ride to pretty Lindos. Coach trip to Rhodes town. The Matina has old & new blocks I requested new block it was clean and overlooked the new pool. Plenty for the kids. A chap came into the pool and let DS test out scuba diving briefly sadly couldn't go in the sea as it was the day before we came home. True Greek friendly hospitality and amazing food at Dama Dama .We loved it.
Old 11 Apr 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Huskies
Very Serious Dibber

Huskies's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We got married in Lindos rhodes and are returning again this year. It is an amazing island with lots to do. The water park in falaraki is amazing and you can pretty much drive round the island in a day if its adventures your looking for.

However if you just ant to chill there isn't a better place its amazing 😊