Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nicolemoo
Helping Mickey

Mobile Best Buffet Restaurants

We have the half board plus and staying at Newport Bay. The menus of the non buffet restaurants won’t suit my fussy eating family - so need 3 buffets for dinner to pre book for August. I have written down Park Plaza, Restaurante des Stars and Hunters Grill. Would anyone suggest any different ones? Cape cod in our hotel maybe too “fishy” for them!
nicolemoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our favourite buffet was Billy Bobs in the Village. It is only a standard rather than a plus buffet though so you won’t get full value from your voucher. We enjoyed the tex mex buffet as I was with a fussy adult and child and there was lots of choice. Great atmosphere in the saloon and it didn’t seem quite as busy as other buffets.
You can also use your voucher in Annette’s, an American diner in the village.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

We too stayed at Newport Bay and enjoyed the food there the best. Cape Cod isn’t too fishy at all, there’s a good range of foods. We’d be quite happy eating there every night. We also enjoyed Cafe Agrabah for the kebabs and Middle Eastern food, although that it is a standard restaurant. Worth doing the upgrade to Inventions one night too for the characters and the overall experience of DLH. Food isn’t as good as Newport though, but still very nice!
kenville is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
nicolemoo
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks!
Annette’s - are we allowed to book? I’ve read we can’t?
nicolemoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for La Grange at Billy Bobs - it was definitely a cut above all the other "standard plan" buffet options.

I also really like the Hunters Grill buffet which is on the Plus plan.

You can't book Annette's, so you can just turn up. If you avoid peak times (after the parade, park closing time) you should never have to wait more than 5/10 minutes.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I loved hunters grill and the plaza but the restaurant des stars was absolutely pants by comparison, we really regretted using it as our last meal, wish we'd done plaza again. We didn't try any table service restaurants as the in laws (who were there a day before us) were eating for 2hours at lunch time, which isn't park time I can waste
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by fiona88 View Post
I loved hunters grill and the plaza but the restaurant des stars was absolutely pants by comparison, we really regretted using it as our last meal, wish we'd done plaza again. We didn't try any table service restaurants as the in laws (who were there a day before us) were eating for 2hours at lunch time, which isn't park time I can waste
It strange because everyone recommended Hunters Grill and we really didn’t like it at all. Food choice was poor, it was just so busy with small children running around everywhere and families allowing children to pile their plates with food and not eating it.

Everyone advised against Restaurant des Stars. We went for lunch and actually really liked it. Lots of choice, very clean and we were in and out really quickly.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
It strange because everyone recommended Hunters Grill and we really didn’t like it at all. Food choice was poor, it was just so busy with small children running around everywhere and families allowing children to pile their plates with food and not eating it.

That was our experience with Plaza Gardens, I've eaten there twice in two years and was bitterly disappointed each time. The food selections were poor, the food was not replaced quick enough so lots of options were not available. We much preferred Restaurant Des Stars and La Grange on the standard plan. I also liked Agrabah Cafe but my daughter really didn't find much in there that she'd eat (and she's not really that much of a fussy eater).
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Restaurant des Stars and Plaza Gardens serve almost identical food but RdS is rarely busy - that makes a difference.

We found Hunter’s Grill excellent, much better choice of food but we went when it was quiet and that’s the key.

Billy Bob’s was far and away the best Standard level buffet.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
We too stayed at Newport Bay and enjoyed the food there the best. Cape Cod isn’t too fishy at all, there’s a good range of foods. We’d be quite happy eating there every night. We also enjoyed Cafe Agrabah for the kebabs and Middle Eastern food, although that it is a standard restaurant. Worth doing the upgrade to Inventions one night too for the characters and the overall experience of DLH. Food isn’t as good as Newport though, but still very nice!
I agree with this - we ate in Cape Cod and all really enjoyed it. Plenty of variety to suit every palate, and lovely desserts.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List